Security Installer Community

Optima XM won’t set

Joy

25 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I would prefer to re-use the wiring if the installation and it's wiring looks decent.

Wireless varies greatly based on manufacturer, all devices being "two-way" or "mesh" are the key things. No point in sending wireless messages and not knowing if they arrive.

You have to factor in wireless kit is more expensive and ongoing maintenance will be more expensive due to battery replacements.

I wouldn't necessarily be put off by a rewire if required. With a decent experienced engineer and depending on the property intruder rewiring can often be done with minimal disruption.

Agreed wired is always better if the wiring is good, the existing detectors, contacts ect can also be utilised. You are only really looking at a panel change. But I would recommend that you consider a service agreement. It will ensure your system lasts, and doesnt let you down. 

if the wireless is good (not many are) then by all means consider, however if you can get a wire there you should.

If the existing wiring is up to it then i would definetly reuse it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi, can anyone suggest how we can stop the external bell ringing please?  We turned the power off, removed the board and saw it was blackened on the back (think it’s the resistor at the back of the key pad).  Realised the external bell sounding (not full volume) so put power back on but keypad is dead.  Tried resetting NVM but nothing happened.