Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 - prog won't set

frenzy382

Hi,

So i have a very basic Prog 3 setup.  It literally covers Zone 1 (front door) and that is it.

I used to have it that at night, I would set Prog 3, it would arm and I would sleep peacefully.  ?

Anyway...long story short, I was fiddling about with it a while ago, trying to make it simpler for a friend of ours to use Prog 1 (whilst we were on holiday) and I reckon i've messed up Prog 3.  The only way i can get Prog 3 to work is to ensure it has an exit mode, which is currently set to 'timed'.  It used to be disabled, and on reading all the manuals, even the default is set to disabled.  Any idea as to why this won't work when set to 'disabled'.

Also, even in 'timed' mode, I'm unable to change the exit time (which is currently 30 seconds)...it's not even an option it will allow me to select....

Any ideas?

thnx

23 hours ago, frenzy382 said:

thanks, i will try that.

Will that also resolve the exit time issue that i have?  Currently Prog 3 is in TImed exit, for 30 seconds...I want to change that to 10, but it won't even acknowledge i'm trying to get to that setting in the first place, let alone change it.

thnx

Go to engineer  

You have to first choose what part set program you want   1,2 or 3

Next you need to set it to either timed or silent set 

Once you do this  you will now have access to the other menus 

just to confirm/update...

is it a g3 pane?....i think it is.  It's one of these

https://www.smartsecurity.guide/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/00_ACCENTA_G3-400x502.jpg

As far as being able to set to timed or silent...I can only set to disable, or timed.  I get a flat beep sound on anything else.

So...at the moment for Prog 3, I have one used zone...which is Zone 1, which is the front door.  That's all there is..  Not sure if it helps, but ALL zone types are - Secuirty.  Just thought i'd put that in there, in case someone thinks it's set to something else.

So, my key sequence to try and set to silent is.

Prog - 1234 (example) - Prog - 3 - 6 -4.  nothing...

Just tried the same to Prog 2...same problem.

I thought it might be because it needs an 'exit time' set.  But i can't set that either...another flat beep.

Aargh!!!!!!!!!

Edited by frenzy382

14 hours ago, frenzy382 said:

or...am i looking at the completely wrong set of instructions.....that's a possibility i suppose.  Like James above was saying....lots of iterations.  I'll keep digging to see if i can find alternate (but similar) instructions.

Pain panel , variations in the programming became stupid 

Just get rid 

7 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Pain panel , variations in the programming became stupid 

Just get rid 

21 hours ago, frenzy382 said:

or...am i looking at the completely wrong set of instructions.....that's a possibility i suppose.  Like James above was saying....lots of iterations.  I'll keep digging to see if i can find alternate (but similar) instructions.

I would recommend getting a veritas or 9448 as it's alot less confusing 

• Downvote 1