Security Installer Community

Add second keypad to 9448

Hello, our has has a 9448+ control unit and a 9227 keypad. It was all fitted by previous home owner.

We are extending the house and will have another door, and we would like a keypad there. Do I wire it into the same four connectors on the 9448+?

I’ve already set the address jumper in the new unit, and I’ve already added a door sensor and connected it as an entry/exit device, I just have the keypad left to do.

many thanks.

2 hours ago, Jim Willsher said:

Hello, our has has a 9448+ control unit and a 9227 keypad. It was all fitted by previous home owner.

We are extending the house and will have another door, and we would like a keypad there. Do I wire it into the same four connectors on the 9448+?

I’ve already set the address jumper in the new unit, and I’ve already added a door sensor and connected it as an entry/exit device, I just have the keypad left to do.

many thanks.

Yes the keypads wire in parallel 

Just remember to reboot the panel after you add the second keypad 

• 1 month later...
On 14/08/2022 at 09:19, Imnotshankled said:

Yes the keypads wire in parallel 

Just remember to reboot the panel after you add the second keypad 

Hi

I’ve finally been able to wire this up today (new extension was delayed). But I can’t get it to work. They keypad buttons are illuminated and they beep when pressed, however none of the LEDs on the left are illuminated. Also, entering my user code does nothing, apart from the key beeps.

Can anyone suggest what I have missed? I didn’t understand the reboot comment above so I have not done anything besides the wiring.

Original keypad was address zero so I have set this to address one.

Many thanks.

Jim

1 hour ago, Jim Willsher said:

Hi

I’ve finally been able to wire this up today (new extension was delayed). But I can’t get it to work. They keypad buttons are illuminated and they beep when pressed, however none of the LEDs on the left are illuminated. Also, entering my user code does nothing, apart from the key beeps.

Can anyone suggest what I have missed? I didn’t understand the reboot comment above so I have not done anything besides the wiring.

Many thanks.

Jim

Reboot meaning disconnect mains and battery , reconnect mains and the battery in this case 

2 hours ago, Jim Willsher said:

Hi

Many thanks.

Jim

Have you powercycled the panel 

2 minutes ago, Jim Willsher said:

I have. I’ve got it working, it was a schoolboy error on my part. For some reason I got it into my bed that EE was the keypad so I wired it into there. Of course I should have wired it into data and clk. I’m embarrassed to even write that!

EE is the entry exit zone   and ET on the keypad is exit terminator   so it can be quite confusing 

If you thought that was embarrassing   you should have seen my alarm service last week 

27 minutes ago, Jim Willsher said:

I have. I’ve got it working, it was a schoolboy error on my part. For some reason I got it into my bed that EE was the keypad so I wired it into there. Of course I should have wired it into data and clk. I’m embarrassed to even write that!

Nah no embarrassement 

Good job 

2 hours ago, Imnotshankled said:

EE is the entry exit zone   and ET on the keypad is exit terminator   so it can be quite confusing 

If you thought that was embarrassing   you should have seen my alarm service last week 

Go on then, spill the beans!

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

On 17/09/2022 at 20:59, Adi said:

Go on then, spill the beans!

On a system takeover of a galaxy    changed bell from ADT to one of my bells   went in to test and tested bell and in the false ceiling above the keypad there was a master blaster        I think you can guess what happened next 

In my defence   there was no labeling  and there was no way to know without looking in the false ceiling