Security Installer Community

Unusual Accenta G4 Honeywell Fault- Keypad

Hi All,

We have had an Accenta G4 alarm fitted for 5 years.  It has been fine until recently, however the keypad now appears to have failed. 

There are PIRS sensors, a door sensor and an alarm box with LEDs/siren.

On the keypad, the 2 LED lights are not illuminated.  The keypad does not work and there are no digits/text shown on the keypad LCD panel.

I have had a detailed look around the forum for answers to my question and tried all of the troubleshooting answers:-

1.       I have changed the battery;

2.       I have changed the alarm box fuses;

3.       I have bought and installed a new keypad.

However, the keypad does not work.

The PIR sensors work and I have powered the alarm up properly.  However it seems no power is reaching the keypad, however the tamper alarm sounds from the keypad when on. 

Before the keypad was changed, the 2 LEDS would flicker on every 60 seconds for about ½ a second and then go off.  Is there some form of intermittent power fault or is this a sign the power cable is unstable?

There does not appear to be any lose wires from the alarm box it self.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Damaged wiring? Faulty panel?

Testing for the fault with a multimeter is much more succesful than buying kit that you may not need.

I suppose start with testing the wiring and compare readings to the installation paperwork would be the usual method.

Moving the keypad adj the panel would be another diagnosis step.

If you feel this is out of your depth it's probably time to look for an installer

On 24/10/2020 at 10:01, CarbolicSmoke said:

Hi All,

We have had an Accenta G4 alarm fitted for 5 years.  It has been fine until recently, however the keypad now appears to have failed. 

There are PIRS sensors, a door sensor and an alarm box with LEDs/siren.

On the keypad, the 2 LED lights are not illuminated.  The keypad does not work and there are no digits/text shown on the keypad LCD panel.

I have had a detailed look around the forum for answers to my question and tried all of the troubleshooting answers:-

1.       I have changed the battery;

2.       I have changed the alarm box fuses;

3.       I have bought and installed a new keypad.

However, the keypad does not work.

The PIR sensors work and I have powered the alarm up properly.  However it seems no power is reaching the keypad, however the tamper alarm sounds from the keypad when on. 

Before the keypad was changed, the 2 LEDS would flicker on every 60 seconds for about ½ a second and then go off.  Is there some form of intermittent power fault or is this a sign the power cable is unstable?

There does not appear to be any lose wires from the alarm box it self.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Do you have a multi meter? check the voltage at the panel and at teh keypad that will tell you if its a cable fault . If it is diss all the 12vdc cables in the panel and connect the keypad directly into the panel on a short bit of wire