Security Installer Community

Ade Optima Compact Keeps Beeping

Giuseppe

Hi,

I have a ADE Optima Compact.

the panel is making a continuous beep and only has the power light on. Tried pressing the keypad and doesnt seem to do anything. This started happening when I turned on the house mains power after changing a light switch. I did notice when the house mains power was off the security alarm outside triggered.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

Kind regards

1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

Hi,

I have a ADE Optima Compact.

the panel is making a continuous beep and only has the power light on. Tried pressing the keypad and doesnt seem to do anything. This started happening when I turned on the house mains power after changing a light switch. I did notice when the house mains power was off the security alarm outside triggered.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

Kind regards

Main battery inside alarm probably failed because it's never been serviced 

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Main battery inside alarm probably failed because it's never been serviced 

Think it was serviced about 10 years ago....

Can I replace the battery with a new one? or Shall I get an Engineer to service it?

Kind regards

Edited by Giuseppe

30 minutes ago, Logan said:

Its a optima g3.  If its still beeping pull fuse out fuse spur and disconnect the loudspeaker 

Logan be serious

1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

Think it was serviced about 10 years ago....

Can I replace the battery with a new one? or Shall I get an Engineer to service it?

Kind regards

If your going to use it then yes , engineer should check it's power unit, replace battery, walk test check external internal sirens and make sure it works 

Better to have some kind of park these days , then you could Lao get a quote for a new model , just depends on you, be preventative 

9 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Logan be serious

If your going to use it then yes , engineer should check it's power unit, replace battery, walk test check external internal sirens and make sure it works 

Better to have some kind of park these days , then you could Lao get a quote for a new model , just depends on you, be preventative 

7 minutes ago, Logan said:

I am.  And it turns out that is already what he did

I reccomend for him to upgrade because the charging resistor is probably toast after being 10 years without service

Thank you. This is my first time looking at a security panel and really appreciate your help.

If its just the battery I can easily change it and measure its power unit also.

I can take it into work and see what I can find if its just the charging resistor that is toasted or if the circuit board needs repairing . If not, ask one of the senior electronics technicians to have a look.

Either way I dont mind getting a new panel and found a G4 panel and battery online. 

28 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Thank you. This is my first time looking at a security panel and really appreciate your help.

If its just the battery I can easily change it and measure its power unit also.

I can take it into work and see what I can find if its just the charging resistor that is toasted or if the circuit board needs repairing . If not, ask one of the senior electronics technicians to have a look.

Either way I dont mind getting a new panel and found a G4 panel and battery online. 

In that case get a battery try it , see if it's charging ok, no need to take panel off wall unless it's fried in some way

Maybe if you got more budget get a panel that can also do some wireless circuits and so on 

Scanteonic ion40 might do you great DIY panel ,, (init databasher)

Edited by al-yeti