Security Installer Community

ARC Monitoring - as a DIYer

I've just installed a texecom 64-w panel with smartcom. SmartCom seems good, but I'd prefer to have signalling equipment installed as in my opinion it should be more reliable. I'm looking for call or text notifications to keyholders if the alarm goes off.

I've considered comGSM, however before I purchase I want to see if I can use dual path signalling equipment available, for reliability.

1. Do any ARCs sell equipment and services directly to end users? To the best of my knowledge most will not.
  2. Is there any dual path signalling equipment out there that does not need to be connected to an ARC to work?

The house is located in France. French installers are quoting several hundred euros per month. 

Edited by Christopher Taylor

You could get an installer to connect it to the ARC but I doubt vmuch you will get an ARC willing to take on a diy install, dual path monitoring in the UK starts at £350.00 per annum in the UK.

You can get dual path app monitoring 

2 hours ago, Christopher Taylor said:

I've just installed a texecom 64-w panel with smartcom. SmartCom seems good, but I'd prefer to have signalling equipment installed as in my opinion it should be more reliable. I'm looking for call or text notifications to keyholders if the alarm goes off.

I've considered comGSM, however before I purchase I want to see if I can use dual path signalling equipment available, for reliability.

1. Do any ARCs sell equipment and services directly to end users? To the best of my knowledge most will not.
  2. Is there any dual path signalling equipment out there that does not need to be connected to an ARC to work?

The house is located in France. French installers are quoting several hundred euros per month. 

You can dualpath DIY 

Just buy a dialler and a GSM SMS unit and stick them both on , some will even poll for you , with enough inputs you can even get the GSM unit to message on line fail 

Other than getting an installer and monthly contract you might as well forget about the arc 

38 minutes ago, Christopher Taylor said:

Thanks for a price - at least it puts in perspective my current quotes of around 350 EUR every 3 months!

PSTN Dialer? 

Yes pay dialler DIY dialling 

It's DIY or installer with arc