Security Installer Community

JSB Regent 8 Zone Panel

Guest Patmitch

You are incorrect...... The Regent panel can be defaulted to factory settings by connecting a wire link to certain places. :yes:

Can someone give me a little more info on what these "certain places" are ?

We've moved into an office (which had a system fitted), no installer details on it though. We've got the user code, and master user code - but no engineer code. We've added/changed parts of the building, so have added some more pir's etc - but just need to get into the engineer menu to add the zones !

Thanks

Tom

We've moved into an office (which had a system fitted), no installer details on it though. We've got the user code, and master user code - but no engineer code. We've added/changed parts of the building, so have added some more pir's etc - but just need to get into the engineer menu to add the zones !

Thanks

Tom

hi Tom,

we can't give out any defaulting info on this site - its against the site rules and for very good reasons.

if you can not figure out the alarm you need someone who can, it can then be tested and/or adjusted to suit your needs, and not those of the previous occupants it was designed for, so call several local companies but get a quote before engaging anyone to protect yourself is the best solution for you.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, but I'm one of these people who refuse to pay someone to come out and stick in a bit of wire across 2 pins to reset the system !

I am perfectly capable of adding what I have added, its not exactly rocket science - powering up and testing with a meter proves it all works as expected. I dont know what the previous owners had the system installed for really as what they had fitted was useless for the size of the building.

Thanks anyway

Tom

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, but I'm one of these people who refuse to pay someone to come out and stick in a bit of wire across 2 pins to reset the system !

I am perfectly capable of adding what I have added, its not exactly rocket science - powering up and testing with a meter proves it all works as expected. I dont know what the previous owners had the system installed for really as what they had fitted was useless for the size of the building.

Thanks anyway

Tom

Hello Tom,

Did you not say this was an office, i.e. commercial premises?

You should check with your insurers what the position is regarding an alarm that is NOT professionally installed and maintained. Not to mention the potential Health & Safety issues, especially if you any panic buttons...

Also, resetting it will probably lose all the programming so you'll have to start again from scratch. To do that you need the engineering manual or an engineer familiar with the system, either of which would give you the reset procedure.

I dont know what the previous owners had the system installed for really as what they had fitted was useless for the size of the building.

But for THEIR needs and requirements at the time (of which you have no knowledge) I expect the system was quite adequate.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Quite possibly it met their needs at the time - but if the same installers installed the fire alarm then according to our fire alarm company its "very inadequate for the size of the building".

Also - I cant really think of any reason why you'd only want 1 door sensor and 1 pir, with a terminal block inside the pir so it didnt need 2 seperate bits of cable, on an 8 zone panel, in a 3000 sq ft office, split into 7 rooms !

Hello Tom,

Did you not say this was an office, i.e. commercial premises?

You should check with your insurers what the position is regarding an alarm that is NOT professionally installed and maintained. Not to mention the potential Health & Safety issues, especially if you any panic buttons...

Also, resetting it will probably lose all the programming so you'll have to start again from scratch. To do that you need the engineering manual or an engineer familiar with the system, either of which would give you the reset procedure.

Yes - its commercial - no the insurance doesnt require us to have an alarm at all. If we have one professionally maintained, with monitoring, it reduces our premium by around

Thanks

Tom

hi Tom,

we can't give out any defaulting info on this site - its against the site rules and for very good reasons.

if you can not figure out the alarm you need someone who can, it can then be tested and/or adjusted to suit your needs, and not those of the previous occupants it was designed for, so call several local companies but get a quote before engaging anyone to protect yourself is the best solution for you.

regs

alan

Hi,

Thanks anyway

Tom

Quite possibly it met their needs at the time - but if the same installers installed the fire alarm then according to our fire alarm company its "very inadequate for the size of the building".

Also - I cant really think of any reason why you'd only want 1 door sensor and 1 pir, with a terminal block inside the pir so it didnt need 2 seperate bits of cable, on an 8 zone panel, in a 3000 sq ft office, split into 7 rooms !

Yes - its commercial - no the insurance doesnt require us to have an alarm at all. If we have one professionally maintained, with monitoring, it reduces our premium by around

Tom.

With all due respect Arfur has already told you that providing that sort of info is against this forums rules.

See here - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/rules.asp point 10.4

By joining this forum you have stated your agreement to these rules.

Please do not ask other members to break them.

You are perfectly entitled to ignore the advice you have been given by your supplier and DIY but this forums rules do not allow providing advice on how to default the panel in any way nor provide the engineering manual.

Regards.

Chorlton.

:)

Hi,

I'm abiding by the rules arent I ?

I would assume that anyone giving a response to my initial question would PM me rather than post it. Is this also against the rules ? If so I appologise.

I am not requesting the engineers manual - I already have it.

Tom

Your requesting defaulting information on the forum, that is against the rules.

Your best option is to get an engineer to default your system and reprogram it to suit your needs, please also remember that in some cases the method used for defaulting a panel if incorrectly done, can render a panel totally useless.

Please make no further requests for this information on these forums.

Archived