Security Installer Community

JSB Regent 8 Zone Panel

Guest Patmitch

Tom, was not aimed directly at you just a passingh comment

the company i work for deal with Fire and Intruder alarm systems and cover essex please pm me with contact details and we maybe able to help you

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, maybe

&

for peice of mind, a proper one with dual signaling, get raided & it don't work your insurer would sue the provider

yours speech dialer? you can turn up to "police" you own system & get a good kicking :whistle:

thats what the CCTV is for ! I can login from home, see exactly whats going on without being here. Not sure being raided would be much of a problem either, theres not a great deal to steal, data is our top priority, and thats all held off-site.

thats what the CCTV is for ! I can login from home, see exactly whats going on without being here. Not sure being raided would be much of a problem either, theres not a great deal to steal, data is our top priority, and thats all held off-site.

very prudent steps imo, also a voice dialer could call a warden service keeping you and your staff safe

some cctv kit will text/email you if it detects movement within a camera's view (as programmed), so if you feel you don't actually need an a alarm system and due ramiications of not setting it that may be another option.

remote viewing has advantages of checking staff are not playing cards on double bubble over a wekend while your off site, but will be more expensive than a reasonable alarm system

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

sat quietly smiling at this so far

care to name one of these firms you`ve made embedded systems for ? surely theres your answer, or did you expect them to pay for your knowledge, skill and reputation without expecting you to return the favour?

very prudent steps imo, also a voice dialer could call a warden service keeping you and your staff safe

some cctv kit will text/email you if it detects movement within a camera's view (as programmed), so if you feel you don't actually need an a alarm system and due ramiications of not setting it that may be another option.

remote viewing has advantages of checking staff are not playing cards on double bubble over a wekend while your off site, but will be more expensive than a reasonable alarm system

regs

alan

I hadnt considered a warden service, but its something I'll keep in mind.

Our CCTV, and dialer both are IP, so text, email, and phone with the appropiate settings. CCTV is also set to record in a good way - it will record 5 mins before activity is seen, it will also, given an alarm input as an extenal trigger, record 5 mins before anything happens there too.

We have a flexable attitude to work, so if the staff are playing cards then they are playing cards (although they prefer to watch TV). If they dont produce the work to the correct standards then there are appropiate steps taken. We already have the CCTV system from our last offices, so cost is a few hundred metres of cat5.

so when your phone lines are attacked before a break in :hmm:

Thats where the monitoring comes in from both our own systems, and a server monitoring company - I'll get a text within about 30 seconds of any of our lines going down ! and yes - you have a point, if the system is down, then we only have the latest hour of CCTV footage remotly.

Luckey that we're currently negotiating a deal with a local wireless isp isnt it !

Guest anguscanplay
Luckey that we're currently negotiating a deal with a local wireless isp isnt it !

is that negotiating as in wanting it for free

is that negotiating as in wanting it for free

Nope, if you're interested, we are negotiating for some space up a mast, where the isp will be installing some nice shiney motorola wireless kit for a 50mbps link to the top of sov house datacenter.

Archived