Security Installer Community

How to install a security system in my home?

I have been very worried about my grandma ever since my grandpa passed away two months ago. Whenever my husband and I go out to work we have to leave her alone in our house. She is very stubborn and when we talked to her about hiring a caregiver she was not happy with it. She does not have any health issues and she is saying that she can manage the whole situation by herself. But she is getting old and we are worried about the fact that if something happens to her while we are away we would be the ones to get the blame. Burglar attacks are very common in our area. So we are planning of setting up a free home security system from ###REMOVED LINK### that would give some alert messages through the phone.
Any insight on this would be great.
Thanks!

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
Removed link from post, please read the guidelines before posting thank you

Don't know what system your refering to, maybe you could tell us without posting a link ?. Posting links is against site rules. Personally I'd be very wary of any home security system that is Free. 

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

If someone got something for nothing, that means that someone got nothing for something. 

I dont know anyone that works for nothing as most people have bills to pay. More likely that its a rat to catch a mackerel and you will be tied into a big contract with high monthly bills. Bit like a loan shark.

I would get three quotes from reputable installers if your really worried.

3 hours ago, PeterJames said:

If someone got something for nothing, that means that someone got nothing for something. 

I dont know anyone that works for nothing as most people have bills to pay. More likely that its a rat to catch a mackerel and you will be tied into a big contract with high monthly bills. Bit like a loan shark.

I would get three quotes from reputable installers if your really worried.

Totally agree with you. If anyone is offering free Security systems, I'd be running in the opposite direction.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

• 2 years later...

I don't have an Idea how to install a full home security system, but I think is not that hard and you can easily access youtube for videos in how to. With all that, I would not recommend you doing this on your own as it might make the things go wrong. I have just some pieces of a home security system, some alarms, a camera and a couple of smartlocks. I was able to install the camera and the alarms on my own as it wasn't that hard and I had even an instruction out of box to install them. I called a locksmith to install the smartlocks as this process was too hard for me and I decided to call a professional to deal with it, and it was a good idea, I think it would take much more time for me to understand how to install those locks

Edited by MrHappy

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/03/2022 at 09:03, ElliotM said:

I don't have an Idea how to install a full home security system, but I think is not that hard and you can easily access youtube for videos in how to. With all that, I would not recommend you doing this on your own as it might make the things go wrong. I have just some pieces of a home security system, some alarms, a camera and a couple of smartlocks. I was able to install the camera and the alarms on my own as it wasn't that hard and I had even an instruction out of box to install them. I called a locksmith to install the smartlocks as this process was too hard for me and I decided to call a professional to deal with it, and it was a good idea, I think it would take much more time for me to understand how to install those locks

This might seem a good idea, but it's not all about locks, I would say you should pay more attention to a security system with an alarm button

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
link

• 2 months later...