Security Installer Community

Installers required for Manchester and Leeds

Guest nurserycam

Allow these jobs to be Advertised?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Allow these jobs to be Advertised?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Did you know that if a self employed person dose'nt charge a minimum of £18.00 PH it is predicted they will go bump. 

Thats me stuffed then

Jef

31704[/snapback]

LOL.... thats the secert then, and me stuffed too.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Whilst i wouldnt personally take on those jobs i welcome the chance to be able to throw my hat in the ring so to speak.

I am all for work advertising on here, i do get a bit miffed by the negative attitudes though to genuine requests for help as opposed to the piss taking monkeys we sometimes get posting for help.

I do a lot of sub-contract work and make a dammed fine living out of it, but in the same token i work dammed hard for it also. Unlike many of you employed chappies, a self employed chap will do twice as much in a day(generally), thats how you make good money.

Echoing what Ian has said, I wouldn't take these jobs on either, I would want to spec the job(s) on site and put my own price in. Having said that, the full install (Leeds B ) listed should only take a day and £300 isn't bad. As Ian said, at least it's a genuine offer and someone may be willing to do it. For these reasons, I would also appreciate the chance to tender for work advertised here and would like it to continue to be available for people to advertise.

If you don't know......ask.

Totally agreeing with Ian and Brian.

And personally I dont think I'd have a problem sending my kid to a place that I was able to monitor for a short time like the rest of the parents there, especially knowing the measures in place to make the data secure from undesirable people.

As for vetting, every security practitioner should have had a police check before being let lose to carry out security work. So how do you propose he goes about vetting us on the forum ?

And regarding the price, Its a take it or leave it attitude, someone here may be completely greafull of whats on offer, yet what is everyones attitude going to be if someone on the forum does do the jobs?

I am self-employed and I argue that to do those first jobs properly and neatly etc you would need more than half day.

And if you guys are happy to work for that amount of money for that amount of work then go for it and put a quote in.

I am self-employed and I  that to do those first jobs properly and neatly etc you would need more than half day.

And if you guys are happy to work for that amount of money for that amount of work then go for it and put a quote in.

I agree, to install those half day jobs correctly and set up to the customers requirements would take most installers at least a day.

£75 1/2 day & £150 full day, isnt bad money, I just doubt the jobs will take the time allocated.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I am self-employed and I argue that to do those first jobs properly and neatly etc you would need more than half day.

31846[/snapback]

Agree with DNS yet again...................

Some people me be happy to work for this, which one man and a van could earn good money, i have PAYE, TAX, VAT and loads more goverment tax stings, not profitable for us.

Dont take the one man and a van thing the wrong way, i would love to go back to this, earning proper money with no hassle.

Subcontracting with no call, no vat return, no PAYE, HEAVEN

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I agree, to install those half day jobs correctly and set up to the customers requirements would take most installers at least a day.

£75 1/2 day & £150 full day, isnt bad money, I just doubt the jobs will take the time allocated.

31857[/snapback]

yep - I prob didnt make myself clear - if it took a day to do properly and you got paid £150 then that is a fair price - but otherwise not - O, and to do it properly would take more than half a day unless you had a fix team with you.

Archived