Security Installer Community

Extending alarm cables

Al H

Without pushing my apprentice like questions.. Im looking into which PIR’s to get. Can you help?

1.Liviing Rm with patio doors: I need suggestions on PIR and maybe switch on doors (or vibration / glass breaker sensor)?

2. Dining Rm with one window.

3. Kitchen / Diner.  This is a big area with 1 external door, 1 door into garage and 1 Bifold aluminium door.. (small dog roaming free during alarm) 9 m x 4 m? Was thinking 2 x PIRs in adgacent corners, switches on doors and maybe a glass breaker sensor? There is key pad on one wall as entrance door.

4. Lastly double garage.. This leads into kitchen 3. Can i protect the garage from attack using a duatech PIR?  

Im really getting quite enthusiastic about securtity alarms. Its a massive learning curve and keen to learn.  

Assuming im not intosaving a few quid, i want the right kit for the job so go for it. 

Again big thank you.

I only use Optex or Bosch myself therefore minimum quads as standard in any "living" rooms. Dualtech for harsher environment like garages etc.

Sensors would normally cover a full 12mx12m room so two in one room is unnecessary unless you have blind spots.

Consider ditching the tiny internal sounder built into the Poly cab and fitting a proper one elsewhere, something like a CQR Alto extension speaker or the like.

Contacts minimum on any entry door others optional unless in pet areas.

Wouldn't recommend glassbreak, better with shocks if your doing windows but consider bird strikes on large bi-folds and windows.

If you have any sense your unlikely to have much of an issue screwing whatever to the wall it's the design, knowing how it all programs and fits together you would likely come unstuck on.

Expect may hours of reading manuals, pressing buttons and terminology only alarm monkeys speak before you get something near working.

10 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Maybe Bosch BluLine Pet DT's right through so you have options?

You can then choose either pet alley mode or do perimeter protection in pet areas which is the preferred.

Pet alley mode works well?