Security Installer Community

Galaxy Dimension GD48: fully removing RF RIO

Hi all,

I've had intermittent RF Jam errors with the RF RIO on my Galaxy Dimension GD48, and as the zones covered are non-essential, I decided to remove the RF RIO entirely and revert to the wired sensors.

I physically disconnected the RF RIO from the main alarm panel, terminating the alarm bus properly.

I then exited Engineer Mode. The panel noted the missing RF RIO, then removed it and associated zones.

All seemed good for a while, (2 hrs?) but then I got RF Supervisory errors because (surprise, surprise) the panel wasn't receiving supervisory messages from the RF RIO. So then I changed RF Parameters/Supervision (option 60) to 'Silent Alarm', and the Supervisory alerts no longer occur.

But now it seems the lack of RF Rio is preventing the alarm setting properly, showing RF SUPER errors and failing to set, except in Engineer Mode.

I've looked at other parameters I could tweak which might solve this problem (e.g. setting 53 RF Stop Mode to 0, 'Disabled', which it already was).

Is there something else I need to do to remove the RF RIO fully? How do I tell the panel to stop looking for a RF RIO?

The lack of a RF RIO shouldn't be considered a fault, should it? Not every alarm system has one.

All ideas welcome!

56 minutes ago, grantc said:

Delete all serial no.s of RF zones 

Hardcore advice man,

On that note he might need to add the Rio back 

Then remove the serial numbers then remove Rio then restart 

I think I've found another option, which will make it easier to reinstall the RIO in future.

52 (Program Zones) -> 2 (RF Zones) then for each zone, in 11 (RF Options) -> 3 (Supervision) set to 0 = disabled

This seems to allow me to set the alarm without the errors I've been seeing.

1 hour ago, Flobble said:

I think I've found another option, which will make it easier to reinstall the RIO in future.

52 (Program Zones) -> 2 (RF Zones) then for each zone, in 11 (RF Options) -> 3 (Supervision) set to 0 = disabled

This seems to allow me to set the alarm without the errors I've been seeing.

Ah so hide the issue hmmmmm