Security Installer Community

VISONIC POWERMAX 10 HELP

Mcbonio

Ok alarm all sorted, Sixwheeledbeast was right, the tampers needed resetting on the wireless devices. The only thing I was doing wrong was being too impatient with them, they take ages to initialize with the control panel. I left it for an hour it then allowed me to arm and disarm which cleared all errors.

Rip off merchants ADT no longer have me over a barrel... :)

Also, pretty shoddy information from user 'Al-Yeti'.  He sounded just like the other rip off alarm fitters I spoke to today, making out it was a massive job, desperate to charge for a tiny bit of information. If you don't want to share information, why are you posting on a public forum?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

That's great, so you come on a forum, ignore the rules by posting defaulting info, get free info to fix your system, then thanks us by slagging off one of our members.

You were happy to pay into the hands of 'rip off' Estate Agents, Conveyancers and Surveyors on your 2 week old 'rip off' house, but then when you didn't want to pay for an alarm

service because ADT were a 'rip off' too. Enjoy your 'rip off' 2 weeks away - don't make too many calls on your 'rip off' smartphone or rev your 'rip off' car too much! Merry Christmas!

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

11 hours ago, Mcbonio said:

Why is it unreasonable to not want to be attached to an 18 month contract just so I can operate my alarm system without ADT.? Sounds like you could do with a vacation chap.

ADT offered to do it w/o contract but you didn't want to pay....

Today we offered to attend a system done 13yrs ago by us & not maintained for way, for way less than your ADT figure but was still way way too dear... in fact there's been a no. callers this week amazed we don't drive around the county looking at stuff for free or advise over the telephone how to repair there system

Edited by MrHappy
  • Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

25 minutes ago, Mcbonio said:

Why is it unreasonable to not want to be attached to an 18 month contract just so I can operate my alarm system without ADT.? Sounds like you could do with a vacation chap.

Why is it unreasonable for a service provider to want an agreement in place to offer support of a particular kind?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mcbonio said:

Also, pretty shoddy information from user 'Al-Yeti'.  He sounded just like the other rip off alarm fitters I spoke to today, making out it was a massive job, desperate to charge for a tiny bit of information. If you don't want to share information, why are you posting on a public forum?

Glad you sorted it Mcboner but the information given by Al-Yeti was correct and concise imo, ADT are a premium provider with large overheads so yes you can have it carried out cheaper, just as you can have a mate change your spark plugs and diagnose a fault with a £9.99 OBD reader but it's hardly the same as booking it into a main dealer.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.