Security Installer Community

VERITAS 8C PROBLEM

Guest Guest_SARAH_*

Guest Guest_SARAH_*

Hi

I need help i got left a veritas 8c alarm from my late father and my friend says he can wire it up if he had the diagram on where the wires for the 2 pirs go and the door sencor.

any help would be very gratefull

cheers

Sarah

Guest Guest_sarah_*

Hi

Again .

I thought i would say that my friend is an electrician , and says he has fitted a few alarms in the past .

but he needs to make sure the wires that are already in the control board are ok and the where to put the other 2 sensor and door sensor.

thanks for any help :yes:

cheers

Sarah

Hmmm, "he's fitted a few alarms in the past"!

The Veritas is a basic entry level panel and anyone with half an idea what they were doing would instantly know what to do with the wires. I would suggest a phonecall to your local alarm installer.

You have been given sound advice Sarah, however the manufacture of the panel is happy to let anyone have a go. You will find the litrature you require on they're web site, link below.

Texecom

30070[/snapback]

Sarah,

Ian is completely wrong in the above post.

We have never at any point said that we are "happy to let anyone have a go."

Electricity can kill!

We would always recommend that our alarm systems are installed by fully qualified people only.

Unless you are a registered installer you will only be able to download User Guides from our website, not installation manuals.

Thanks,

Mark

Can Texecom live on the money it gets from the diy market alone?

30200[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I think the answer would be yes. How many items do you see in a DIY store that are so **** that you couldn't get them anywhere else? The companies that make those things survive.

I think the beter idea is one that was mentioned somewhere round here recently and that is sell the lower specced equipment to the diy market and rebadge the better equipment and make it trade only. It would appear that the biggest thing Texecom have got against them is the 'anyone could get hold of one of these and try competing' thing.

Hi Sarah,

ask your spark to pop in to any CEF and ask if they can provide a copy of the installer manual, I dont think B&Q do them, yet.  ;)

30162[/snapback]

this nearly killed me.....fell of the sofa laughing!!!!

CEF has got to be THE worst electrical wholesaler in the country. Their brand centaur is quite the most cheap and nasty stuff ive ever had the misfortune to come across. I avoid them at all costs unless there really is no other choice, even B&Q stuff has something on them.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

CEF has got to be THE worst electrical wholesaler in the country.

30224[/snapback]

I think that was the idea.

Their brand centaur is quite the most cheap and nasty stuff ive ever had the misfortune to come across.

30224[/snapback]

Oh, I dunno, quite good when you want that nicotine stained yellowy\brownish colour out of the box! I try to avoid them nowadays.

Archived