Security Installer Community

LJD Digital security ltd

Guest Adrian

Sorry missed this one..........

And?

What law would they be breaking there then? your telling me that Tesco are the only store that can do this? They write the numbers down aswell i presume?

And your gonna tell me they have no right to view what is going on at a till?

I dont even need to tell you the answer do i?

32697[/snapback]

Now your getting silly!

I didnt say they where the only store no to do this in fact i can only think of a couple that do, but its something that will be introduced in the next few years, and it would be good practice from any installer to point this out to any exisitng clients with a chip and pin system.

If decent solicitor can find a way of dismissing evidence he will.

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

Taken from the official Chip&Pin web site

Be discreet

PIN numbers are secret and should remain so! The new PIN pads found at checkout counters have in-built privacy shields to help ensure this, but you need to make sure your CCTV cameras cannot see the PIN being entered. Staff can help as well by being discreet and not looking at customers when they key in their PIN. Never let a customer tell you their PIN - even if they want to.

http://www.chipandpin.co.uk/business/card_...s.html#discreet

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

I can assure you no privacy zone will be used nor need to be used on a till at tesco or any other store come to that.

Tesco have a very different attitude regarding CCTv to most other stores, they actually take it seriously, including what equipment is installed. They had a very hands on part in the design of the system they currently have installed, no other high street retailer has the system they have, its very bespoke.

They have for many years used JVC 675 domes, hardly poor quality, they did for some time use Pelco domes again not your average poor quality dome.

The recording equipment is again almost bespoke, if i told you the name of the manufacturer, you would be none the wiser.

To turn around and say theyre systems are "worse than the one in the corner shop" is ignorant and silly as you have no idea what has actually been installed.

Im off for a beer, look forward to putting you right some more if i need to later. :P

I have just given a Tesco petrol station three quotes funnnily enough for cctv, Im sure that they have a national contract with someone, but that someone was apparently too expensive.

Tesco use a company called Gratte Brothers Security Management for all theyre CCTV installs and have done so for a lot of years. The servicing depends on what part of the country your in but i suspect Grattes do it down your way, up here its //.National Installer.//.

If the petrol station was a Tesco Express or old ESSO filling station then i could understand that one but if its attached to a store then maybe they were testing the water a bit, see if theyre paying the going rates maybe.

Either way i would be surprised as Tesco but the kit in bulk (and i mean bulk), Grattes store it and use it as required for new installs and additionals.

I would be interested in what type of set up they wanted quotes for to see if theyre looking like for like etc.

• 1 year later...
Guest jackpot18uk

On the subject of LJD Leviathan, just had 8 channel system installed by //.National Installer.// took them about 6 weeks to complete installation. Was given no manuals by them or or client software to view footage on PC. Sent an email to LJD at digitalvideos.co.uk at 11-12am today requesting help and received reply from Ben Staples with all links to the software and manuals at 11.19 am. Seven minutes :) thats not bad service. :)

thats not bad service. :)

That's also rare service, but glad they got you, a non-paying customer sorted.

Maybe once they've finished they could sort out some of there paying customers? :realmad:

Tesco use a company called Gratte Brothers Security Management for all theyre CCTV installs and have done so for a lot of years. The servicing depends on what part of the country your in but i suspect Grattes do it down your way, up here its //.National Installer.//.

If the petrol station was a Tesco Express or old ESSO filling station then i could understand that one but if its attached to a store then maybe they were testing the water a bit, see if theyre paying the going rates maybe.

Either way i would be surprised as Tesco but the kit in bulk (and i mean bulk), Grattes store it and use it as required for new installs and additionals.

I would be interested in what type of set up they wanted quotes for to see if theyre looking like for like etc.

I Looked after the alarm system a Gratte Brothers for about 2 years at //.National Installer.// and found some of there kit in the work shop very good indeed ( WARRINGTON )

i also looked after a couple of tesco sites and found the standard of equipment very good.

The Warrington office is the software design team for the Sentinal System, they also look after some of the hardware there such as the matix and telemetry units amongst other stuff.

The Irlam store was probably the last big job i completed before i left Grattes in 2002. It was a full trial version of the current plug and play set up called Sentinal which has been developed much further since then. I spent nearly 6 months there and Irlam is not a great place to be for that length of time.

Its a quality CCTV system and theres nothing similar to it as far as i know. Its has the capability to plug a functional dome or static into any port on the main track above the tills and main aisles or other single ports around the store. Up to 256 ports i believe and now its usually all controlled from a small console adjacent to the front doors with the main control equipment located elswhere. Its all based on CAT5 transmission making installation relativly simple.

Guest Trulloman
On the subject of LJD Leviathan, just had 8 channel system installed by //.National Installer.// took them about 6 weeks to complete installation. Was given no manuals by them or or client software to view footage on PC. Sent an email to LJD at digitalvideos.co.uk at 11-12am today requesting help and received reply from Ben Staples with all links to the software and manuals at 11.19 am. Seven minutes :) thats not bad service. :)

I've fitted a couple of these, they dont come with a manual just a poor quality photocopy A4 sheet of brief instructions. I expext it took //.National Installer.// most of the 6 weeks waiting for delivery.

But give them their due, have not had any of their DVR's fail yet and we have fitted quite a lot of them.

Archived