Security Installer Community

LJD Digital security ltd

Guest Adrian

B) Well got more camera quotes to do, I think i will use them and see how it goes, I've been on the phone to them several times over the last week and they have been a help beond believe so far.

To top it I have been out to some new customers (For their alarms) and run into 2 of them that have CCTV equipment by LJD both have been in for about 6 months or more, and they are very happy with the end result.

Got both customers to show me around their camera systems, the equipment is mid range price and the playback quality was some of the best I have seen to date. They were both runing up to 8 cameras on the Dedicated 8 range of DVRs.

well thats it so far, If I get any of these quotes back thats who I will use for now.

Adrian B)

Pete

It is horses for courses and I wouldnt dream of using it at Tescos.

That would be because you dont have CCTV contract for Tesco of course. :yes:

I have just given a Tesco petrol station three quotes funnnily enough for cctv, Im sure that they have a national contract with someone, but that someone was apparently too expensive.

I have a feeling that I was to dear to but, if I cant do it properly I dont want to do it.

Pete

Pete

That would be because you dont have CCTV contract for Tesco of course. :yes:

32674[/snapback]

#Have you seen the system they use in tescos!! Its worse than the one in the corner shop, plus they flout the law something rotten with the cctv, I would be suprised if they ever got to use it in court!

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

Have you seen the system they use in tescos!! Its worse than the one in the corner shop, plus they flout the law something rotten with the cctv, I would be suprised if they ever got to use it in court!

Explain how its worse etc and how do they flout the law? I hope you know what your talking about because where Tesco is concerned, I DO!

Explain how its worse etc and how do they flout the law? I hope you know what your talking about because where Tesco is concerned, I DO!

32687[/snapback]

Im only talking from knowing one of my local stores.

The quality is very very poor on the internal and external cameras.

There are no DP Compliant CCTV signs either in or outside the store, in fact the only cctv signs ive seen are on the Alcohol isle. "CCTV in Operation"

There are no privacy zones set for the cameras that cover the tills. (you can see customers entering their PIN numbers)

Regards.

Mark

The quality is very very poor on the internal and external cameras.
Yeah of course you know what your talking about, they have invited you in to take a good look at the quality. Your going on what you have seen on the public dispaly monitor?
There are no DP Compliant CCTV signs either in or outside the store, in fact the only cctv signs ive seen are on the Alcohol isle. "CCTV in Operation"

And your sure they need to put up signs inside they're own premises. When was the last time you seen signs saying the local police are recording images on your local High Street? See any signs in ASDA or inside any other store for that matter?

Sorry missed this one..........

There are no privacy zones set for the cameras that cover the tills. (you can see customers entering their PIN numbers)

And?

What law would they be breaking there then? your telling me that Tesco are the only store that can do this? They write the numbers down aswell i presume?

And your gonna tell me they have no right to view what is going on at a till?

I dont even need to tell you the answer do i?

Yeah of course you know what your talking about, they have invited you in to take a good look at the quality. Your going on what you have seen on the public dispaly monitor?

32696[/snapback]

Yes they have actually! And whats on the Public Display Monitor is better than the systems images as its a direct feed. (not compressed)

And your sure they need to put up signs inside they're own premises.

32696[/snapback]

Maybe not everywhere inside, but outside on all entrances.

When was the last time you seen signs saying the local police are recording images on your local High Street??

32696[/snapback]

Urm, we have them everywhere there are cameras arround here.

CCTV in Operation for the prevention and detection of crime.

This sytem is operated by Essex Police and LINK Security.

Or something to that effect.

Regards.

Mark

Archived