Security Installer Community

CQR C-Type cover

Gabs

29 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Have actually installed your own system yet? Choose a manufacturer first , easy of the shelf like texecom with a com wi-fi and the whole shabang which will confuse you proper , then once that's all sorted do some amongst locals

I haven't no, however, when I turn 20, and finish education, it is something I'd love to do :D Ho do you go about getting NSI Approved? 

29 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I was just an unlucky *******....

Can't be that bad, surely? ;) 

We used to have a 1930s brick built substation opposite our house, entrance was down a lane so about once a year getting broken open by yobs, wooden doors with a Yale lock. It was usually us that would call the old bill as the woman whos actual garden it was in was deaf as a doorpost.

Once I had a look after it had been busted open, the funny thing was it wasn't obvious where the cable for the service head supplying the light, socket and alarm was coming from! It had a beige single zone Keyswitch alarm, large internal Friedland master bell only, keyswitch looked like a Yale too, makes sense. By the time we moved a bt pole appeared in the lane so I assume it was wired for either remote diagnostics, alarm comms, or both...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

20 hours ago, MrHappy said:

You in "education" every day of the week ? 

Yep, sadly, Monday to Friday, why?

19 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

We used to have a 1930s brick built substation opposite our house, entrance was down a lane so about once a year getting broken open by yobs, wooden doors with a Yale lock. It was usually us that would call the old bill as the woman whos actual garden it was in was deaf as a doorpost.

Once I had a look after it had been busted open, the funny thing was it wasn't obvious where the cable for the service head supplying the light, socket and alarm was coming from! It had a beige single zone Keyswitch alarm, large internal Friedland master bell only, keyswitch looked like a Yale too, makes sense. By the time we moved a bt pole appeared in the lane so I assume it was wired for either remote diagnostics, alarm comms, or both...

Wow. It must have been easy to disable, bring key switch. It would be worrying to hear the bell sound in the middle of the night, knowing someone is risking their life to steal copper. I'd love an old keyswitch panel :) Really retro. 

Not even steal, or at least, just to break it open and see what's inside I guess.

Must have been boring as hell when they saw it was a big brick room with a single light, socket, alarm and big sealed grey humming box...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

20 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Not even steal, or at least, just to break it open and see what's inside I guess.

Must have been boring as hell when they saw it was a big brick room with a single light, socket, alarm and big sealed grey humming box...

I bet, not worth risking their lives for. The substations here all have split and cracked CQR boxes, or Sonades. I think the cracked up old bell boxes are being replaced with the newer version of the Sonade, the Reson8

5 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Looking for new victims... 

New victims? :)