Security Installer Community

Please don't shout at me!!

ESS

Hi Guys

Brand new to this forum, having supplied manned security for over 16 years, I am now moving over to the dark side!! we are going down the electronic route and would welcome all the help and advice you guys can give, first one to say run for the hills wins.

:huh:

Shall we just cut to the chase and let me claim my prize?

Seriously though, is this because of a demand from your existing customers, or something else?

Do you have any electrical / electronic experience at all, I mean electrical installation and/or wired alarms not just wireless kits etc...

Do you intend to carry on with the manned stuff?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

Shall we just cut to the chase and let me claim my prize?

Seriously though, is this because of a demand from your existing customers, or something else?

Do you have any electrical / electronic experience at all, I mean electrical installation and/or wired alarms not just wireless kits etc...

Do you intend to carry on with the manned stuff?

He saw a picture once and thought that looks easy, Im starting a guarding company up next week how hard can that be send out a few blokes out to drive round with a flash light and reset a few alarms  

Hi All 

Well that wasn't so bad!!! 

Datadiffusion, I have worked in the high end RST/CP business for years and have witnessed first hand the demand drop for manned security and the rapid increase in electronic security, couple this with the advances in technology which can now be purchased at a fraction of the cost it was 5 years ago.

I have a good working knowledge of CCTV/Intruder systems, having worked with Cortech, Galaxy, Risco, Senstar etc for years, I will not be installing myself, we have always given our substantial electronic works to other companies, however the writing is on the wall and we must evolve and do it for ourselves.

The majority of our electronic works is PC based intruder systems of large private properties/estates, CCTV, and electronic gates.

I have experience of building & installing covert electronic devices, however like i said i will not be carrying out the installs myself.

Anyway, hoping to get some wisdom from this forum and make long lasting connections.

cheers

Hi Norman

Thank you for the welcome, i probably painted a more bleak outlook than is actual reality, however I'm surprised at your view on your industry, is it that bad? most of the guys i know who work in the electronic side are always busy, in fact are turning work away, would be interested to hear how long you have been in the industry and indeed do you think its a shrinking market? i have found that every tom dick and Harry is calling themselves a CCTV installer due to the simple nature of installation, however i have seen some bizarre located cameras around the country.

16 minutes ago, John Cassie said:

do you think its a shrinking market? 

No, in terms of retail / direct sales, but...

17 minutes ago, John Cassie said:

i have found that every tom dick and Harry is calling themselves a CCTV installer due to the simple nature of installation

ergo...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

5 hours ago, ESS said:

couple this with the advances in technology which can now be purchased at a fraction of the cost it was 5 years ago.

Equipment is cheaper now? 

Cheap tat is but if your going the proper route with adpro or equivalent then its not, redwalls have nearly double in price in the last 5 years due to bring out a new range.

But the again have seen sites with cheap DVRs and cameras and site site manager checks every now and then.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.