Security Installer Community

UK supplier for multi cat cable in one

Steven_W

I'm pricing an install where I need to future proof for expansion.  Currently 16 cams on site, I'll be adding another 8 but with potential for 8 more after that (I'm swapping out existing DVR & installing 2 x 16 ways).  I need to allow for some redundancy in case of cable breakdown & the additional possibility of maybe 1 or 2 more cameras.  Power will be available at the camera split location where the duct comes out the ground. then run up a pole where cables will be aerial with catenary wire.  This will prevent voltage drop.

All cams will be HD-TVI 1080p 2mp 2.8mm - 12mm varifocal domes/bullets depending on location.

I have to install cams approx 100 or so metres away from DVR.  I came across a US manufacturer who makes 4 or even 8 CAT cables in one outer sheathing.  This would need to be duct grade preferably gel filled.  Obviously I can pull 4 in, but if there is a supplier in the UK that does this I would like a price.  I have trade accounts with Luxrite, System Q, CEF, Kew, HBL, Norbain, Techvision, SAS but none of them do this.

I have contemplating putting a cab in to the expansion area and multiplexing the signals back to the DVR then separating them maybe using fiber, but I think the cost will be prohibitive.

Any suggestions?

We used this years and years ago on a Docklands job. It was 8 bog standard but marked & branded LSF Cat5s, each a different colour, in a clear thin outer sheath.

Not seen it since tbh. Cost a lot but worth it on a 'central london' job and saved a load of labour.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I think you will struggle with this type of cable and I am sure its against standards to have bundled data cable, probably due to alien crosstalk as the cables will be in the exact same position throughout the run. It was in abundance a few years ago but not seen it used in along time. At best you may get a shotgun type cable.

For that distance I would definitely be looking at a fibre link and would be surprised if it didn't work out cheaper due to capacity, plus no issues with distance or interference from power. Have a look in to pre-term fibre if you don't do it in house.

HTH

Craig