Security Installer Community

Honeywell Lcd Keypad - Another Basic Question

oldguy

May be as simple as this?

I have a second keypad in the main bedroom, and i want to silence this keypad….can't see anything in the programming so do i just cut the wires to its internal speaker...

I have a second keypad and a separate internal sounder downstairs….

Silencing the upstairs keypad is about not waking up the other half with the door chimes etc

thanks

The alarms I have don't allow it to be silenced, though some allow it to be turned down.

The first thing I do to most alarms that I am testing is rip the sounder off. Normally a small screwdriver under the plastic casing will do, then remove the piezo disc.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

There is no need to rip anything off   O_O

If its a Honeywell Accenta, G3/G4 range or earlier,

Remove the wire at the keypad from the terminal marked SOUND

Voila, No tones whatsoever from this keypad

Edited by PSE

Model doesn't matter, As its Honeywell or ADE as it was back then, its not changed

That works right back to the early Accenta 6 or 8 from early 2000 onwards, Audio is separate on its own core

Edited by PSE

He's said he has looked at the manual for it and cant find it,

So therefore if it was a G2, he would of seen the silent part set option, which is the only option to him on a G2 4 wire.

The earlier Accenta's have NO option for a silent part set, The later G3 & G4 range do, and its documented in the manuals

He said that there was nothing in the programming for a silent option, This indicate to me its not a G2 as its covered in programming

Therefore I would assume that must be an older ADE Accenta 6 or 8, or a later Honeywell equivalent G3 or G4 range

Either way, Dropping the Sound wire on an older ADE Accenta version or the later Honeywell G3 or G4 works as I stated above