Security Installer Community

Who Makes The Bell Boxes For Banham?

Gabs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume was once truly custom made like Chubb etc... but now just a custom CQR multibox cover?

Ā 

Sad to see the new ABEL box has gone from custom stainless to something else to now Yet Another Pyronix

Ā 

Am I right in saying that the 'new' Chubb hex shaped box (i.e. the old Initial one with a new blue cover) is not actually

custom as such, just that they have exclusive UK rights to an otherwise commodity Aritech product?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Ā 

I don't know about the Elmdene / ADT thing - it's confusing - didnt the ADT boxes - or at least the bell modules - get made in Italy for a while by Bentel (owned by Tyco)

Ā 

Someone did suggest that Elmdene make the Hex again, although, they may have always made the cover...

Ā 

Also weren't the Plastic Triangular Chubb made by Guardall at one time, IIRC they offered a plain red version to 'non UK markets'.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Ā 

I don't know, ADT bell boxes were made by Scantronic, or at least the bell modules, I think? Chubb, with the Delta range of bell boxes , have been made by lots of different companies... I don't know

ADT bell boxes were made by Scantronic, or at least the bell modules,

Eurobell ?

Ā 

banham-roupellst-nr-se1-8dh-1139_800.jpg

Ā 

** I think ** you'd be able to replace the cover of this old eurobell with the current ADT lid

Ā 

Banham's pic found via google-

Ā 

fire-alarm-maintenance.jpg

Ā 

did he chuck alarms to be in eastenders ?

Ā 

ricky-norwood.jpg

Mr?Ā Veritas God

I see some risco boxes similar to the old abacus poly box 6/14 built in keyboard on the da though

Now, Where's the pictures of the 12core next to the normal 4 core you use?

Or they just look the same to you

Pyronix Belle ? They both look exactly the same to me.

Put your glasses on uncle arf, if you look carefully you'll note the electronics with the box are completely different size & shape..

Either Gardtec has swiped the design or vice versa. Isn't there copyright or patent or something on the designs ?

Gartec was the 1st that I saw with common electronics in a clean plastic case, I'd say the others copied them

Mr?Ā Veritas God

"..Put your glasses on uncle arf, if you look carefully you'll note the electronics with the box are completely different size & shape.."

Ā 

I'll do as you say Mr Happy... if you are suggesting that the printed circuit board components are a different size & shape that would not alter patent infringement in this case but SixWheeledBeast says there's no copyright issues etc. So I fail to see where anyone would go from there. It's worth raising the question though, " If I were to copy say a keypad facia or control panel facia from Scantronic, could they then have a case against me ?

Ā 

And yes, I'll put my glasses on.
Ā 

Yes, I can see the difference in the pcb's Mr. Happy.

Ā 

Alyeti:- "....Now, Where's the pictures of the 12core next to the normal 4 core you use?..."

Ā 

Yet again, this is probably the third time you've followed me around with that question..I shall reply presenty..In MY time.
Ā 

Sorry about this folks, I need to post this in the several posts where Alyeti has triplicated his question.

You've got absolutely no chance. You either know the answer to the original post or you don't.. come to that, even if I bothered to upload you would still call me a liar and a blagger, as usual, with the photos staring you in the face... and I very rarely if ever, use four core, but there again you would call me a liar on that one as well.

My apologies to everyone, but wherever I see Alyeti's question I'm afraid I shall have no alternative but to re-post again.

For the benefit of the site, I have absolutely no quarrel with Alyeti.