Security Installer Community

Very Basic Query

oldguy

You marked zone 1 as kitchen door and front door , perhaps that's what he meant by dropping one off that

And you mentioned two keypads one in kitchen and one in porch , some keypads have a zone available onboard texecom I think so you could run off those instead of cabling back

It's your decision as far as the galaxy is concerned, however when Galaxy Guy gives advice I for one would not ignore it, he knows them backwards. If he says go for the G2 and coupled with your knowledge it would be a strong contender. It's well worth taking a look at what Texecom have to offer but believe me Galaxy Guy knows his stuff.

The keypads are run off their own data terminals and not off a zone, and some keypads allow you to tie in a zone at the keypad, but it has it's downside, some only allow entry/exit off the keypad in which case you are still looking for more zones in your new setup.

Edited by charlie6

The texecom 24 control panel has 8 on board zones in the control and each keypad has a further 2 zones,

So control and keypad gives you 10 zones

control and two key pads gives you 12 zones

You could put a expander in the control panel making the panel have 16 zones plus the keypad ones

example zones 1 - 8 in control panel

zone 9 -16 expander

17 and 18 keypad 1

19 and 20 keypad 2

I hope this makes sense

It looked good to me

It makes a lot of sense WDT, I would have nothing against that set-up, but Oldguy is pretty fixed on his desire to bring everything back to the panel on it's own cable..and to be honest, despite my previous suggestions (which don't fit the bill) I'm thinking that the galaxy route (with just one expander possibly)would not only cover his immediate needs but also allow for any future additions. Good call though, I like it.

If oldguy wanted everything back at the panel he just don't use the keypad zones.

the texecom panel has a onboard expander that can be fitted in side the panel so it will give him 16 zones if then he wanted, He could add a extenal expander at a later time making the zone count to 24,

But it looks like 16 will cover his needs at the moment. :thumbsup:

or he could go for a galaxy :hmm: