Security Installer Community

Strange Noises

Gemini

I hear these strange noises, and put my head out of the window and they sound like they are coming from the intruder bell. It sounds like a smoke alarm tone, but I have never heard this before. There is a possibility that it could be coming from the roadside or otherwise. I have entered the engineer's programme on The ADE Optima Plus 2, conducted a bell test, turned FCU off, and nothing has changed. There is no battery in the panel, and the bell battery is likely to have worn out (installed in 90's).

https://youtu.be/cKWVqqEklCM

I've been called out to these in the past...strange noise coming from the panel....duff smoke detector situated nearby. Sometimes this low droning noise is precisely what Mr. Happy says..seen that a few times too... why isn't there a standby battery in the panel ?

The system is unserviced in the house and we don't use it really anymore because people are usually in, with a dog. The battery itself is like from the 90's, and was only giving half of the power needed. There have been faults with the system before where it would suddenly activate and the code would default itself. It only happened once, and was like the day after I defaulted it.

Hi, What is 'the resistor issue'?

The Lynteck Nexus 8 has a default routine of just disconnecting power (mains and battery), which has defaulted for having a low battery.

Resistor behind the keypad which controlled the voltage for the battery. Resistor burns out over time and over charges the batteries.

Our system uses an external keypad. I do have a couple of other questions though.

Whilst the panel was in the engineer programme, I had the lid off, which was fine, but when I unscrewed the bar, an alarm condition was triggered, which had to be reset.

I connected what appeared to be a loose/spare core into a central junction block, which I think is the global tamper. I then removed it again, and the strobe light now doesn't seem to work. If you are curious why I conducted this action, it was due to the faults referenced earlier in the post, thinking that the loose core might be the problem.