Security Installer Community

Scantronic Not Responding After Battery Change

Could someone point me to a source of this chip? And it's part number?

FYI This morning the panel suddenly sprang into life after having refused to accept any commands and showing nothing on the display. It had returned to factory settings. I've reprogrammed it, and it appears to be working fine. Looks like it just wanted a couple of days off!! I think I willtry a new NVM, and ultimately a new panel.

".... I think I willtry a new NVM,.."  Don't see the point if you've got it up and running, and personally I wouldn't waste my time looking for a replacement chip. Enjoy the panel as is for now, but give serious consideration to Al-yeti's comments viz; new panel.

As I have said before, this is a common and known fault with this panel.

It will only be hours / days / weeks before it fails again either in the middle of the night or during a power fail, especially if the battery is knackered.

It is likely only the live power on the panel that is currently sustaining the NVM, or as it current is VVM, Very Volatile Memory.

At the very minimum a new battery and 24C16/M24C16-WBN6P DIP-8 Serial I²C Bus EEPROM is required.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 4 months later...