Security Installer Community

Zone Fault On House Burglar Alarm

By bum basic i meant entry level. Doesn't do much, but what it does it does well.

In your odd dissection of someone elses thead you come up with

[quote name="charlie6" post="423383" timestamp="1436357395

Datafussion "...Have you tried to see what happens in Walk test.." At last, a sound piece of advice from a true expert.

What does that insinuate about the posts before that one?

This is quite an amusing Forum.

I'm pleased with the comment about being as tight as two coats of paint. As a Yorkshireman, I appreciate that.

You guys need to remember that you'd be out of a job if it had not been for two Scotsmen fighting over a penny and pulling it so hard they invented copper wire.

Yorkshiremen are even tighter.

I have now linked out all the zones and there's still the same fault, so it's either the 9448ES main panel or the 9427 remote keypad.

Having looked on ebay at the prices of new replacements, it's not worth faffing about. I'm going to replace them with something better.

Many thanks for your help and amusing comments.

any good with electronics? Might be an open resistor.

My favourite budget panel is the castle euro mini prox or for a wee bit more the euro 46 sm

Features my customers like is the prox reader, neat keypad and the intelligent set feature. It knows automatically by your exit route if your going to bed or going out so it picks part set or full set foor you.

Btw i didn't mean you were necessarily as tight as 2 coats of paint, its just a theme that regularly crops up in the diy section. I think you were right to be a bit wary of a £200 figure plucked out the air.

Edited by petrolhead

any good with electronics? Might be an open resistor.

My favourite budget panel is the castle euro mini prox or for a wee bit more the euro 46 sm

Features my customers like is the prox reader, neat keypad and the intelligent set feature. It knows automatically by your exit route if your going to bed or going out so it picks part set or full set foor you.

Btw i didn't mean you were necessarily as tight as 2 coats of paint, its just a theme that regularly crops up in the diy section. I think you were right to be a bit wary of a £200 figure plucked out the air.

Can you turn that feature off, so you can part set and leave from the front door?