Security Installer Community

Texecom Prem Elite 24 -Zone 1 Dead?

jkno

I've finally gotten round to putting the recessed door contact (Knight A51MULTI G2) for the entry/exit rather than using the hallway PIR.

I wired everything up and re-enabled zone 1 but it was displaying tamper. So I stripped back the contact and tested all the resistances 2.2 secure, 6.9 active, 1/0 tamper. I also checked the resistances at the alarm box to make sure I didn't have a break in the cable.

To confirm I linked the contact circuit into Zone 6 which was spare and wintex diagnostics registers 2.2 secure (healthy).

Finally to confirm Zone 1 I bridged and programmed zone 1 to always closed which returned an active state (unhealthy)

Does it sound like Zone 1 is dead and I need to replace the board or could it be a common faults that can be rectified without a board replacement?

Edited by jkno

Yep it's sent to Double Pole/EOL like all the other active zones.

It doesn't seem to register the bridge I've put in whether it's open or closed.

I've stuck the multi meter across zone (no circuit wired up) and it registers as an open/broken circuit. 

I didn't wire a resistor over over the terminals but did confirm the circuit was the correct resistance with the multimeter. I also wired a bridge over and switched it to an always closed circuit which it was registering as open (active).

I've emailed texecom I expect it's an replacement board job.

Just to remove any confusion all zones are FSL the contact circuit I want on zone 1 registers at 2.2 secure 6.9 active.

As part of my investigation after ruling out any fault at the contact or circuit I remove the circuit from the zone, bridged and reprogrammed as always closed. The zone isn't registering the bridge and thinks its open/active.

I'll try a 2.2 resistor just to confirm but think it will be futile because the contact circuit was confirmed with the multimeter at 2.2 and a basic bridge on always closed isn't registered meaning something isn't right on the zone.