Security Installer Community

Texecom Prem Elite 24 Auxiliary Tamper Alarm From Control Panel

jkno

I've installed a Texecom 24 Premier Elite at home currently with 4 zones (all PIR) for the time being.

After finishing all the wiring, configuration, walk/bell tests etc... I first properly set the alarm yesterday to make sure there were no faults in the system and went out for few hours. Returning the system disarmed fine with no errors in the logs.

I set the system today and came back this evening to have alerts. I plugged into the board with wintex and after the pulled the logs:

7:09:33 - Close - Armed

12:48:30 - Tampers - Auxiliary Tamper Alarm From Control Panel

12:48:31 - Bell Active

12:48:31 - Alarm Active

16:03:33 - Fob

16:03:38 - Open - Disarm

I haven't enabled the battery jumper in the Ody yet just incase I need to cut power in the settling in time but I can't find any more details on the tamper/fault within Wintex.

While plugged into the panel with the USB COM under the diagnostics > system I have:

Auxiliary Tamper: Red

Panel Lid Tamper: Red

Engineer Working Red

System Open: Red

UDL Enabled: Red

All enabled zones are Now: 2.19k, Healthy: 2.25k last active: 6.97k

System Voltage: 13.82 V

Battery Voltage: 13.67 V

System Current: 0.257 A

Equipment:

24 Premier Elite

Premier Elite FMK Keypad

Compact QD X4 (Hallway, Lounge, Kitchen, Landing)

Premier Elite Odyssey 3

Wiring:

DEOL to all PIRs

Sounder as per the Premier Elite wiring diagram

(A) +12V        --> Red      --> +12V (A)
(B) Bell -      --> Blue     --> Bell (B)
(C) Tamp        --> Yellow   --> Tamp (C)
(D) 0V          --> Black    --> 0V (D)
(S) Strb -      --> Green    --> Strb (S)
Aux             --> White    --> Fault Relay
Fault           --> Orange   --> Fault Relay

I removed the bridge between the fault aux and fault with the fault relay now occupying this circuit.

Does it look like I have a dodgy connection on the ODY fault relay, or is it at stupid the battery jumper needs to be enabled for the fault relay?

Luckily I had lowered the bell duration to 5 minutes for the benefit of my neighbours just incase something like this happened.

Edited by jkno

I'm confused I thought the 'Auxilliary Tamper' on a Texecom was just a pair of terminals for a NC, non EOL circuit used for comms housings etc...

Isn't there usually a wire link in those terminals from the factory - has it come loose? I forget if it can be disabled via programming (I'm sure it can).

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I just went off the diagrams supplied in the ODY 3 manual, the board comes with a bridge across the aux/fault but I removed it because the fault relay went across it. the requirement of grade 3 is that battery status is monitored, I don't need it to be grade 3 but I didn't think it would hurt to follow the manual and have the additional level of monitoring.

The fault relay is supposed to report faults to the panel (battery etc...). What I can't understand is that it took 5 hours to trigger a tamper and set the alarm, you would have thought any issue would have prevent the alarm from being set in the first place or triggered after set.

The wiring I put in my post is directly copied from the texecom ody 3 manual.  

At a guess (not a big Texecom user personally) your bell box has tried to do a battery test and tripped the fault output (due to battery not connected) which you appear to have connected to the global tamper terminals on the control panel? AFAIK, the Aux/Fault loop defaults to a tamper circuit, hence the reason for the full alarm condition. Faults shouldn't cause the alarm to go into full alarm.

If you want the bell to be monitored for faults, wait until you've connected the bell box battery, connect the fault terminals to a spare zone, program the zone as fault or suchlike, and you'll avoid the full alarm condition if it goes into fault in future.

Trade Member

Thanks antinode that makes a lot more sense, didn't think about test times. The battery test is set to every 24 hours and it looks like I set the alarm up just after 12pm yesterday so it triggering a fault at 12:48 today fits somewhat into that pattern.

I've disconnected the fault relay, bridged the aux/fault and will connect it to a zone when I've enabled to battery on the sounder. I think I'll give it to the weekend of fault free use before I enable it, up the sounder duration and connect it to a zone setup as fault like you said. If it's always going off there's no point having an alarm because everyone will ignore it.

You've been a great help thanks.

At a guess your bell box has tried to do a battery test and tripped the fault output (due to battery not connected)

This is exactly how it works with the self test feature