Security Installer Community

Texecom Prem Elite 24 Auxiliary Tamper Alarm From Control Panel

jkno

PSE would you recommend wiring it up to a spare zone setting it to fault like antinode said?

The entire system going off for a non tamper/alarm event seems a bit much.

Datadiffusion I wanted a quick disconnect batt/ac fail safe until I tested the system and made sure there weren't any gremlins. Didn't fancy trying to open a 115db sounder with a strobe going off if I had really messed up.

Edited by jkno

Connecting to a spare zone and programming for an alert will be fine,

Once you've established everything is fine I would revert to the dedicated fault inputs adjacent to the bell terminals.

PSE can you program the fault inputs so it won't trigger the bell and alert the entire street there's a flat battery?

Tamper on the bell, key panel, control panel is something to shout about but an issue with the battery that isn't a tamper isn't something that I would want to trigger a full alarm for.

I believe the dedicated input is fixed, not programmable, can't say I've tried otherwise.

Using a spare zone, you could program as custom and select internal sounder only