Security Installer Community

hard-reset galaxy 8

Guest madman75

Guest madman75

Hi all,

My problem is: i bought a galaxy 8 system a few years ago. In the meanwhile, i have built myself a garage.

I want to extend the walk-out time, because it takes me longer than 45 sec to drive my car out and lock the gate.

I found an Russian engineer-manual on the internet, but translating it, costs me about 35 euro (about 30 dollar).

Hiring an local security-company costs me 70 euro (65 dollar) an hour.

Because i don't want to pay anything, i want to do this myself. I managed to wire the complete alarm in an hour or 4 without any manual. It's easy as hell.

Can anyone provide me with any info about how to hard-reset the system to gain access to the engineer-mode ?

I tried the short 1-2 methode. The default engineer-code isn't working (no, i'm not trying 1234)

I hope someone can help me on this one.

(spare me all that fuzz over the engineer-manual. It's an owners right. As i sayed: it's on the internet, only in Russian)

Reply or mail me on bennie@maddome.com-thanks in advance.

Bennie

Hi all,

My problem is: i bought a galaxy 8 system a few years ago. In the meanwhile, i have built myself a garage.

I want to extend the walk-out time, because it takes me longer than 45 sec to drive my car out and lock the gate.

I found an Russian engineer-manual on the internet, but translating it, costs me about 35 euro (about 30 dollar).

Hiring an local security-company costs me 70 euro (65 dollar) an hour.

Because i don't want to pay anything, i want to do this myself. I managed to wire the complete alarm in an hour or 4 without any manual. It's easy as hell.

Can anyone provide me with any info about how to hard-reset the system to gain access to the engineer-mode ?

I tried the short 1-2 methode. The default engineer-code isn't working (no, i'm not trying 1234)

I hope someone can help me on this one.

(spare me all that fuzz over the engineer-manual. It's an owners right. As i sayed: it's on the internet, only in Russian)

Reply or mail me on bennie@maddome.com-thanks in advance.

Bennie

26512[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol: ring sony up and ask em for the eng manual for their tv's, I'm sure they'd tell you to S*d right off....

and as an owner, you get what comes in the box, and that dosn't include the eng manual as it's not in the box but issued seperatley to engineers.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Perhaps I should ring BMW up and ask them for the eng instructions for their on board computer so i can reset the service indicator lights myself without paying them for it.

After all, it's my car, i paid for it i should be entitled to the manual, after all it's the customers right <_<

Regards

Bellman

Perhaps I should ring BMW up and ask them for the eng instructions for their on board computer so i can reset the service indicator lights myself without paying them for it.

After all, it's my car, i paid for it i should be entitled to the manual, after all it's the customers right  <_<

Regards

Bellman

26538[/snapback]

BMW!! is that russian for //.National Installer.// astra estate :P

After all, it's my car, i paid for it i should be entitled to the manual, after all it's the customers right  <_<

Regards

Bellman

26538[/snapback]

BMW!! is that russian for //.National Installer.// astra estate :P

26543[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest madman75
Or Learn Russian Comrade  :P

26539[/snapback]

good one. I've found some cached uk engineer-manual with google.

(first 20 pages)

With a little work (2 hours) i've compared the 2. Replaced some uk - russian words, used the "replace all"-function and my russian manual is now for about 80 percent UK.

That reads a lot easier :)

BTW, Sony did sent me the PCB-layout for my car-stereo, for me to repair it myself. Peugeot didn't sent me the manuals, but offered to look into it at the local garage.

topic closed, i'm done here :)

Archived