Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas Excel. Way To Trigger A Dialler Message For A Specific Zone

repairit

Hello all,

I have a texecom veritas excel connected to a texecom speech dialler. I have a pir in each main area of the house. The garage has its own PIR on its own zone.

I would like the garage zone to have its own trigger to the phone dialler. So I would be able to distinguish a garage break in from a whole house break in.

The only way I can see of doing this is by making the garage zone a Fire zone but of course this won't work as this will mean its armed all the time and if I go in to the garage I would always set it off.

Is there another way of having the garage zone trigger a different message? Thanks all

Vincent

You could in theory take the relay output to signal another input in the dialler but the dialler has to be able to recognise both inputs are activated to play you both messages that you record instead of just one

Not so diy but depends on your knowledge of circuit s etc

if you like playing with relays, you could do it with 3

One progged as system set from the panel

One two way relay thats triggered via the PIR directly. One of these relays connects to the zone as normal, one will connect a switch wire to dialler through the set/unset relay (C/NO). This then will connect to second input on dialler with speech assigned as Garage Intruder,

Here all day.

if you like playing with relays, you could do it with 3

One progged as system set from the panel

One two way relay thats triggered via the PIR directly. One of these relays connects to the zone as normal, one will connect a switch wire to dialler through the set/unset relay (C/NO). This then will connect to second input on dialler with speech assigned as Garage Intruder,

Here all day.

Hi 9651,

Have worked with relays in the past to set/unset two alarm panels at the same time as each other.

I like the sound of your solution to the garage PIR problem. Please would you be able to supply a wiring diagram and a shopping list?

Many Thanks in advance, everyone here is so helpful!

Thanks

Vincent

Two of these

http://handylittlemodules.co.uk/product/hlr12/

scan0001_zps4fec1214.jpg

One relay to be driven off PIR directly. One pole to be wired into the veritas garage zone. One pole with a 0V trigger to the dialler wired through it, which is then taken though the other relay driven off veritas op system set.

Wont win any naccoss awards but will work. 

• Upvote 1