Security Installer Community

Texecom Door contact

Guest stevo

Thanks v. much for all the help. Hopefully be moved back in tomorrow and sleeping sound with alarm set and no false alarms. Will post success or otherwise after I check the wiring I've got at the moment.

What did people do without the 'net, I wonder, probably loads of massive call out charges for engineers, although that's not a bad thing for the engineers!!!

most engineers on call dont see much of the massive call out fee's
Too right, for going to any out of hours call I see a meesly £30. Hardly worth the effort.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Wasn't meaning to be disrespectful to engineers, just the companies they work for raking it in, doesn't matter what you are talking about, these days, near £100 call out charges are the norm, garages, domestic appliances, they all seem to be the same. Was quoted £80 to look at my tumble drier and it only cost £120 new two years ago. Just bought a new one and got the warranty instead of repairing!!! Only cost £150 to buy oll the alarm parts to fit myself while the house was in bits anyway. Companies I got quotes for the alarm from were needing min £1,000 to supply and install. Profit is fair enough but seems a bit excessive.

Anyway winge over. B)

Its not that bad dave, its better than a kick in the teeth.

25797[/snapback]

depends on how much your dentist charges for fixing the teeth!!!!

Companies I got quotes for the alarm from were needing min £1,000 to supply and install.

You were clearly talking to the wrong companies, generally speaking for an average house i would guess £700 would be tops average maybe only £500 but certainly that would be ballpark.

Companies I got quotes for the alarm from were needing min £1,000 to supply and install.

You were clearly talking to the wrong companies, generally speaking for an average house i would guess £700 would be tops average maybe only £500 but certainly that would be ballpark.

25801[/snapback]

Seems to be approximately same price level here in Finland. We charge 60

I know a company who charges £225. ph for non contract out of hours.  :w00t:

25811[/snapback]

gee.. that is already something.. I bet the service engineer gets at least £22,5 :yes:

Archived