Security Installer Community

Texecom Door contact

Guest stevo

I have recently installed a Veritas alarm. Just powered up and had tamper fault. resolved that at the front door contact, but now the door contacts (front and back) do not seem to work.

Set the alaam and then open the door and nothing. The contact is offset so unscrewed and held both sides together, set alarm and then pulled apart, still nothing.

Any ideas? Is wiring to door contacts universal. I've gone with the veritas manual, as there are no wirning diagrams with the contact. contacts are not right together when fully fitted, but says it should work up to 20mm apart???

Any help or advice appreciated

Front door is on it's own zone and I have looped out the two contacts on the back doors and disabled from the panel to try and resolve one at a time. ??????

Just searching sites and seen a picture of a door contact wired up.

Am I right in thinking that there are 3 gold screws and 2 silver. Tamper to any of the golds and silvers are the alarm trigger??

Think I have one alarm trigger on gold and one on silver. this could be it????

:blink: Yes the silver screws are the alarm pair and the gold is tamper. This is where your going wrong. So yes the alarm pair need to be connected to the silver terminals.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Think and hope it is?? Not there just now, just finishing major work in the house and moving back in tomorrow, hence just powering up the alarm tonight, thinking it would be simple to programme. Always something.

Does it matter which way the contact is wired up to the silver screws??? Suppose not a big deal to try one way and then switch if doesn't work, but might as well get it right first time if you can advise.

cheers

That's the picture that I just found and triggered the mind thinking. I'm 90% sure that the contacts I have are different order of screws and I went with the Control panel manual. First job for tomorrow morning to check.

Polarity matter??

Final question for tonight, I think. Does it matter which gold screw the tamper goes to?? Don't think it does cause when I resolved the tamper issue, they weren't screwed in, just loosely twisted together???

Archived