Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-44 +Batt Mis 0001 Problems

We have  a Galaxy2-44 in the workplace which is under contract.

There is a problem with the message +bat mis 0001, hope you guys can tell me what might be happening.

This panel was an upgrade to an older system, all the sensors were upgraded same time.

It worked 100% for about 2 years and the keypad would bleep and display Enter Alert code! every now and then and

the company changed the battery and all was well for about 4-5months.

It started giving the same message so the battery was changed again, after a couple of months it done that again so when the engineer came out the battery voltage checked out ok, the mains input voltage and charging voltage was all ok no fuses were blown.

I insisted he puts in another brand new battery as I thought the other 2 could have been duff.

After a few weeks it started again and I was told it is most likely noise on the mains and we  do have workshops with heavy cnc machines less than 20yards away and also a fabrication workshop with big welders.

When there has been a mains failure the keypad displays this in the log but this was only shown when there WAS a mains failure. It does not show mains failure when the +bat mis  0001 shows.

Many times the keypad would bleep in the middle of the night when the alarm is disarmed and no machines are on.

I have also had calls from the company when the alarm was armed that there is a fault but the mains had not gone off.

RS stock mains filters and I bought one after speaking to the company who makes them and fitted it into mains supply to the Galaxy unit.

BUT   it is still happening!

Also when the Enter Alert code! comes up and the code is entered to check the log then on ESC it will sometimes  say manager reset required!

Last time I had to call the company to send an engineer but I have found that if I switch off then on the mains it will stop saying manager reset required and the alarm starts working normal and can be armed.

As I understand it the firmware in the panel may be getting corrupted with spikes on the mains.

I want to call out the company to rectify this problem for good but want to make sure it isn’t something in the workshops causing it.

Have the experts here come across a similar fault? And what do you advise.

mickthedick

When you say that you switch mains off and on and this fixes the issue, what does the keypad do at this point ?  Does it switch off, show a row of stars with continuious tone, then finally show the normal display and silence ?

It sounds like the PCB charge/backup circuit may be faulty or the PSU is overloaded. Has the PCB been changed ?  What is the system load Ie. how many sensors does the system have ?

@Galaxyguy

When i switch off the mains i can't see the keypad as its on the other wall but i can hear it bleep once and there is the mains failure message in the log when i log in.

There are 5 sensors in total and the pcb has not been changed yet.

I use the fob to arm/disarm and the other thing i forgot to mention is that sometimes (like yesterday) when i am about to leave the system won't arm and after i enter the code the +batt mis 0001 message shows after esc the system will arm ok.

So sometimes there is a bleep from the keypad and it says Enter Alert Code! and when esc it will say manager reset required but sometimes there is no bleep/enter alert code!  but the system won't arm and after checking log it can sometimes say manager reset required.

I switch off/on the mains only when it says manager reset required.

@jameswilson

The panel is in the open area of the workshop and a temp of about 20deg C is always maintained.

The fault is present in the summer as well as now. Sometimes there will be no error message for over a month.

The engineer did not waste anytime  fitting a new battery and i measured the voltage at just over 12v.

We are on the  4th battery now.

I have been with this company for over 20 years and the present battery i actually picked up from their stock myself and there were many boxes of batteries on the shelf.

So i know the battery was new and if all the batteries they had were duff they would know.

I would like to know if some machine in the workshop maybe causing this fault but like i said the system will be ok for over a month at a time that's what's confusing me.

Maybe its a mind bender?

As above, if the engineer is testing the battery just using a voltmeter, you might as well not bother.

Go into any scrapyard, pick any battery that's been sat outside for 5 years and it'll probably still read 12V too.

Start using it and it'll be a different story!

Measuring the voltage over a low resistance or using a proprietary device like an ACT tester is the only

way to go.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

What makes you think it's still mains, you said you fitted a spike filter? So in theory it can't spike

Intermittent suggests as above the pcb, or loose battery terminals perhaps could be something simple.....