Security Installer Community

New House - Which Alarm And How To Run Cabling

ibruceuk

Thanks for all the options.

I think I'll go with Galaxy as the second hand Galaxy kit appears to be much more prevalent and cheaper!  I realise that it probably is a little OTT for residential but I don't see any other solution that would offer areas with the ease that the Galaxy does.  Also if I pick up a Dimension I can integrate the driveway gate into the system for access control.  I'll do my best to get cabling where I can and then go wireless for where I can't.

Thanks for all the options.

I think I'll go with Galaxy as the second hand Galaxy kit appears to be much more prevalent and cheaper!  I realise that it probably is a little OTT for residential but I don't see any other solution that would offer areas with the ease that the Galaxy does.  Also if I pick up a Dimension I can integrate the driveway gate into the system for access control.  I'll do my best to get cabling where I can and then go wireless for where I can't.

Its worth while remembering.   Getting a used system always cheaper,  Just make sure you have support if something goes wrong. 

However if your doing access control and etc then you must be aware of what your doing. 

I would highly advice for average home to go wireless as means you don't need damage any decor with horrid wires running everywhere and then one day cutting them without even knowing what they are for. 

Edited by AlarmScot

I would highly advice for average home to go wireless as means you don't need damage any decor with horrid wires running everywhere and then one day cutting them without even knowing what they are for. 

wow

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

if you can get a wire there you should. Under boards etc. Wireless maybe a more viable alternative than it was. But think like this if you had to make a very important call would you use your mobile or your landline?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

@ ibruce, wireless has it's place and is much, much better in recent years, but it is still open to outside influences.

Hybrid such as the Galaxy and Texecom offers the best of both worlds and is the best of the crop imo, rule of thumb imo is of you can get a cable to it do so.

Also, if you get a professional company in there will be no damage to décor, nor horrible wires running everywhere.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

If I fitted it there would be no need to re-decorate or step over wires.

We must have different standards.

For myself I just hate cables and I take a picture of one my jobs I installed which have cable as I go mad with Cable tacs, Cable ties and label machine.   We number PIR sensors and then tag cable with the number to that PIR sensor.