Security Installer Community

Recommendations For Hd-Sdi 1080P Ptz

Steven_W

Guys I have a customer who currently has an Alien Hero 4 channel HD-SDI DVR with 3 x NiteDevil HD cameras (all from System Q).

He's decided he wants to change 1 or 2 of the cameras for HD-SDI 1080p PTZ cams.  The current mounting positions of the cameras are approximately 40 yards from the vehicle entry gates.  He's after the ability to zoom right in for facial recognition (not software recognition, just visual).

I have been pointed in the direction of the HDSDI-PTZ610W from System Q, High Speed HD-SDI 1080p PTZ With 2.1 Megapixel Lens, 18x Optical Zoom, 14x IRs & WDR

Have any of you guys either installed this particular model, or any others that are HD-SDI compliant that work well?  If so could you put the model numbers and wholesaler links?  I have accounts with System Q & Luxrite & Dragon Select but obviously can buy from whoever is best...

Thanks all!

I can never understand why domestics want PTZ's unless of course the have security guards operating them 24/7

Agreed too much csi watching.

For the same budget 3 or 4 fixed cams, same coverage, half the price, a lot less to go wrong.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I can never understand why domestics want PTZ's unless of course the have security guards operating them 24/7

The OP stated he wanted face recognition from 40 yards. I have a mixture of fixed and PTZs at my property. I'm at home a lot so controlling them, should I need to, is easy. If I'm out I can use patrol and rely on my PIRs to trigger a camera to a specific 'event'. I can also control my PTZs from my phone.

Overkill and unnecessary you might think but I, and it seems others, don't think that.

The OP stated he wanted face recognition from 40 yards. I have a mixture of fixed and PTZs at my property. I'm at home a lot so controlling them, should I need to, is easy. If I'm out I can use patrol and rely on my PIRs to trigger a camera to a specific 'event'. I can also control my PTZs from my phone.

Overkill and unnecessary you might think but I, and it seems others, don't think that.

It's up to you if you want to be an unpaid slave in your own house / on your phone whilst on the bus I suppose...

I can think of 1000 better things to do than be tinkering with my own security setup. Each to their own.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

It's up to you if you want to be an unpaid slave in your own house / on your phone whilst on the bus I suppose...

I can think of 1000 better things to do than be tinkering with my own security setup. Each to their own.

What an incredibly immature response.