Security Installer Community

If People Want A Proper Alarm, Go To Alarm Installers....stop Wasting Money!

AdamAlarm

Grandad rules will never come in. They are the tool to get the dross out, not give them a shiny badge to arty on doing same old same old.

if the industry wants to be qualified it has to allow grandfather rights to get to its goal then move on,like ive said you cant lock people out of an industry that never needed any qualification to join in the first place,if people think that by passing a simple test is gonna make it all pro in a couple of weeks are sadly mistaken,it will take around 20 yrs imo to get it a real trade where everyone as the same minimum quals but it will be dead by then

im dead against grandad rights, i can go with a half way position ie not doing the course but the test, like an am2 as well as the theory.

Why can't we just be recognised with courses we already have , alarm courses don't teach you as much as you learn electronic s field for example

We be all retired by then hopefully lol

i know you like gr, but i think a decent period to pass is better than auto gr. We have all seen guys been doing it for years that really shouldnt be

gr would suit me as i wouldnt have to do anything but that just means it changes nothing. If i dont hit the grade i shouldnt be doing it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i know you like gr, but i think a decent period to pass is better than auto gr. We have all seen guys been doing it for years that really shouldnt be

but you would need gr to get to the goal your looking for,what makes an alarm eng today?

I thought with gr you have to do something? Or had to have something

but you would need gr to get to the goal your looking for,what makes an alarm eng today?

Understanding ac theory? Lol I didn't listen to much of that.....