Security Installer Community

Pet Detector

Adi

Guest anguscanplay

is the k985 the one that looks like a wasps nest in your lounge

corrected the k980 is poor and shouldnt have been recommended but have a few installed with no false alarms from pets but one did actvte during a break in

Got two k895's. Just started to install them, and lazy me never isolated the pir feeds and i must of shorted the 12v out and non of the PIRs work in the house now! What have i done? I hope its a fuse, just tried to remove the alarm unit lid in the loft and the tamper went off! How can i get into my panel? its a SL compact.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone and sorry for dragging this topic back up.

Im a newbie on here but have been reading the forum for about a month. I'm about to self fit a Texecom Premier 24 system to my house which is also home to two cats. After reading this thread im stuck on which pet immune detectors to buy, the two choices are K9-85 or the Texecom Prestige PW(Or is there a newer detector thats even better?). Which one is the preferred detector or they both much of a much?

My other question is that the K9-85 is a grade 2 detector is it right that all pet immune detectors are grade 2? As i can't find any info for grade 3 Pet detectors or if the Prestige PW is a grade 2 or 3. Before anyone mentions it I know the system will not conform to grade 3 because of the fact I fitted it but I want to wire it up the same as a grade 3 system would be wired.

Many thanks for any help guys, its much appreciated.

Dan.

Im a newbie on here but have been reading the forum for about a month. I'm about to self fit a Texecom Premier 24 system to my house which is also home to two cats. After reading this thread im stuck on which pet immune detectors to buy, the two choices are K9-85 or the Texecom Prestige PW(Or is there a newer detector thats even better?). Which one is the preferred detector or they both much of a much?

My other question is that the K9-85 is a grade 2 detector is it right that all pet immune detectors are grade 2? As i can't find any info for grade 3 Pet detectors or if the Prestige PW is a grade 2 or 3. Before anyone mentions it I know the system will not conform to grade 3 because of the fact I fitted it but I want to wire it up the same as a grade 3 system would be wired.

Dan.

hi,

rokonet zodiac for us.

Watch the maximum mounting height on prestige petwise detectors, IIRC its a maximum of about 6ft. Go for the k985s, I've got K980's and they work perfect when set up correctly, and this is coming from a Texecom fan.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Dan.

Mate, save yourself the headache and just install it as if it were a grade 2. It will make no difference to yourself at all if like most of us you live in a typical 3 bed semi in the suburbs. Grade 3 doesn't automatically make the system a better as such...

With regards to pet sensors, I'm not sure if there are any grade 3 ones. I've had some success with the Rokonet Zodiacs and Optex RX40PT's. They seem to work OK without reducing the protection too much. Also fitted some Bosch Blueline Pet PIRs that were quite good, but they were only really suitable for cats and very small dogs (<10kg)

Trade Member

Guest anguscanplay

any of the K9`s ( except the 40 ) and the rokonet are fine , had problems ourselves with the optex and smaller dogs funnily enough

angus

hi,

rokonet zodiac for us.

QFA,

they also do a dualtec pet 'i think' in a grade 3 format, but unles your going monitored to an ARC why all the high security?

(thought i'd save Angus's blood pressure :whistle: )

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
QFA,

they also do a dualtec pet 'i think' in a grade 3 format, but unles your going monitored to an ARC why all the high security?

(thought i'd save Angus's blood pressure :whistle: )

regs

alan

i`m cool - at least he dont want to buy them for less than cost lol

Archived