Security Installer Community

Pet Detector

Adi

i`m cool - at least he dont want to buy them for less than cost lol

Thanks very much for the replies guys.

Im not after the system for free or cheap, its just not practicle for me to have an alarm company fit it(i've had two round and spoke to a few on the phone). I want an alarm fitted now but will be decorating the house over the next couple of years and wanted whoever fitted it to give me the engineer code so I could disable the system to drop sensors when i have the roofs plaster boarded and skimmed. Neither would do that and said I would have to pay for them to drop the sensors and also a monthly maintenance fee as well. As im not having it monitored or declaring it to the insurance I figured it would be easier for me to fit and maintain it.

I have a few more questions if you don't mind answering them for me.

The two companies that visited my house positioned the PIRs in the corner of three of my rooms with them facing walls with windows(not head on but deffinately in the field of vision), in the DIY alarm install part of this site it says that its not advised for the PIRs to be looking at windows. Should I look at placing the sensors elsewhere or would this be ok?(its a hell of lot easier for routing cables if I can place them in these positions).

In my kitchen should I be using a dual tech sensor?(rokonet one is the only one Ive seen for pets. thanks arfur mo) so i get temp compensation or will a normal PIR be ok? The kitchen also has two largish windows and a glass door in it, so can be quiet warm in the summer(when we have one). If I can get away with normal PIRs I think I will go for the K9-85s or if I need a dual tech then I will go with Rokonet sensors all round.

How much seperation from ring/lighting main cables should there be or should I avoid running near them altogether?

My last question is, I was planning on installing to grade three standard as the wiring doesnt really look any harder to do than grade 2. Is it really going over board doing this or is it worth it if it only takes a little more time?

Many thanks again guys.

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks very much for the replies guys.
Im not after the system for free or cheap

er what do you want then ?

its just not practicle for me to have an alarm company fit it(i've had two round and spoke to a few on the phone). I want an alarm fitted now but will be decorating the house over the next couple of years and wanted whoever fitted it to give me the engineer code so I could disable the system to drop sensors when i have the roofs plaster boarded and skimmed. Neither would do that and said I would have to pay for them to drop the sensors and also a monthly maintenance fee as well. As im not having it monitored or declaring it to the insurance I figured it would be easier for me to fit and maintain it

seems not in this case.

I have a few more questions if you don't mind answering them for me.

The two companies that visited my house positioned the PIRs in the corner of three of my rooms with them facing walls with windows(not head on but deffinately in the field of vision), in the DIY alarm install part of this site it says that its not advised for the PIRs to be looking at windows. Should I look at placing the sensors elsewhere or would this be ok?(its a hell of lot easier for routing cables if I can place them in these positions).

diy are advised not too , the firm fitting them will know the limitations of the device

In my kitchen should I be using a dual tech sensor?(rokonet one is the only one Ive seen for pets. thanks arfur mo) so i get temp compensation or will a normal PIR be ok? The kitchen also has two largish windows and a glass door in it, so can be quiet warm in the summer(when we have one). If I can get away with normal PIRs I think I will go for the K9-85s or if I need a dual tech then I will go with Rokonet sensors all round.

makes no odds either way

How much seperation from ring/lighting main cables should there be or should I avoid running near them altogether?

if you dont know the answer to that you should reconsider doing the work yourself ( wiring regs and PIR and homebuyers etc , dont make the house unsellable by mistake ) - its a min 100mm

My last question is, I was planning on installing to grade three standard as the wiring doesnt really look any harder to do than grade 2. Is it really going over board doing this or is it worth it if it only takes a little more time?

cables the same the sensors arnt but by definition a diy install can only be a G1 so why bother

Many thanks again guys.

Angus

Thank you for the replies Angus and sorry to rub you up the wrong way. I'm not a complete idiot, I just wanted a few questions cleared up before I start and as im not an alarm fitter this seemed like a great place for help.

Guest anguscanplay
Thank you for the replies Angus and sorry to rub you up the wrong way. I'm not a complete idiot, I just wanted a few questions cleared up before I start and as im not an alarm fitter this seemed like a great place for help.

it is mate dont mind me , i just like to make sure people understand what they are getting into - once your commited even I might give you a few tips B)

Archived