Security Installer Community

Pet Detector

Adi

What pet detector would you lads recommend, ive used Texecom ' i wont see a pet but do' detectors. Ive blocked out the lower zones but feel im not getting a good coverage.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to admit to being a bit of a sceptic when it comes to so called 'pet friendly' detectors, i mean a medium to large size dog is going to be the same size a human crawling so, anyone knowing this would just know not to stand up whilst loading the dvd and video out the window, ok i maybe taking a slightly simplistic view here but i still think that if you've got pets, lock em in somewhere without a passive when you go out, no fuss no bother.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I take it pet DT's are the same as a standard pet PIR or do they offer a bit more performance?

Having a pet put in another room is not always possible.

Guest Rapid Racer

Sorry guys I have got to disagree with you.

We've been using the DS820IT for several years now without a single problem.

They will allow several cats or up to 2 dogs so long as they can't get within 6 feet of the detector.

And they still pick up 'human' movement better than some PIRs

They're easy to fit and simple to setup too.

http://www.boschsecurity.com/emea/intrusio...-shortinfo.html

in my opinion a junkie thief weighs a lot less than 2 dogs...so does the dvd player he walks off with too........... :w00t: give em a kennel thats what i say... :yes:

Not all customers want to lock there pets away or are cabable of doing it. One customer has a lounge, dining room and kitchen that is walk through (no doors) and a stafford who is kept in there.

If it was a moggy i would tell them to put it down i hate them, but a moggy has got a lot less IR.

I agree there is a compromise in coverage but if someone is ransacking a house its gonna pick them up.

As for perimeter protection i dont want any cables on show.

I might try PET DT's.

• 2 weeks later...
Just like to re-open this one.

Any other recommendations for pet immune detectors??

I've found the Texecom Petwise to be ok ecxept with large dog's.

28430[/snapback]

Morning Brian,

I put 2 Petwise in a house with an open plan lounge dining room and kitchen that has a stafford roaming around, i wouldnt class it as a large dog and not near to weight limit the petwise can look at. I put one in the lounge which also covers the dining room and one in the kitchen, but the lounge kept going off, the kitchen one ok. I tried swapping them round but no joy so ive taped off the bottom zone. There is no way of stopping the dog coming within a certain distance of detector so dont think that bosch's will do.

So im all eyes aswell for any recommendations.

Adi try the ds840s and turn the sensitivity down. Brilliant with my alsatian and three moggies.

28486[/snapback]

Sounds good to me. Ill see what they look like.

cheers Dave.

I've always used Visonic K980s and rarely have problems with dogs, its cats that are the problem.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I've always used Visonic K980s and rarely have problems with dogs, its cats that are the problem.

28525[/snapback]

I find a .22 usually does the trick with cats!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

28525[/snapback]

Me wholesaler didnt have me usual PI detectors one day so she said why dont you take one of these Vionic's, ok i said. When i was on site took one out the box to fit and i thought what a pile of. It went straight back in the box, back in the van and back to where it came from and told her what she could do with it. Im not mardy type of bloke at all but i wont put anything in customers house i wouldnt put in mine.

Archived