Security Installer Community

Sunday Delivery, A Step Too Far Or A Welcome Service?

Ordered a couple of Cisco firewalls and to my surprise was offered delivery on Sunday at the same price as normal next day delivery.

I wasn't even aware it was possible. I know I can send stuff for Saturday delivery for about £25 but was surprised that amazon offered Sunday delivery at no premium.

I notice Royal Mail are to do the same for parcels (god knows how the unions welcomed that one) so is it inevitable that in the world we live in, no day is off limits now?

Would the fact you could get gear delivered to you / your engineers on a Sunday encourage more use of online shopping for gear from the likes of security warehouse?

Edited by matthew.brough

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Ordered a couple of Cisco firewalls and to my surprise was offered delivery on Sunday at the same price as normal next day delivery.

I wasn't even aware it was possible. I know I can send stuff for Saturday delivery for about £25 but was surprised that amazon offered Sunday delivery at no premium.

I notice Royal Mail are to do the same for parcels (god knows how the unions welcomed that one) so is it inevitable that in the world we live in, no day is off limits now?

Would the fact you could get gear delivered to you / your engineers on a Sunday encourage more use if inline shopping for gear from the likes of security warehouse?

no good for you billy,i thought you spent sundays down the church preaching

Like everything, not that new.

I was in Plymouth 2001 and the local 'Consignia' depot offered evening delivery up to 11pm (dabs.com I seem to remember was the sender)

and once had Sunday delivery on another item for £8, needed a printer ASAP for a load of assignments. Then it went away.

These days parcelforce stuff gets left at the local PO which is more than handy.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Well Sunday is the day of rest. I must confess on this occasion it has been very handy as I am heading south tomorrow night and I need these firewalls and had it dropped on me late Friday afternoon that I needed them so has been useful on this occasion. Thing is though certain things split weekdays and weekends and one of the things I love about Sunday is no post.

Like everything, not that new.

I was in Plymouth 2001 and the local 'Consignia' depot offered evening delivery up to 11pm (dabs.com I seem to remember was the sender)

and once had Sunday delivery on another item for £8, needed a printer ASAP for a load of assignments. Then it went away.

These days parcelforce stuff gets left at the local PO which is more than handy.

Depends how far the local PO is :)

I've never seen it offered before which surprised me. We use myhermes a lot as they are one if the few that will just leave something in the engineers shed. They are starting Sunday collections / deliveries

Loads funny enough, our side of town has one next to Sainsburys, one in the high street (Worle not big town), and another at the Tesco Express.

The odd thing is the staff at the Tesco one are by far and away the more knowledgeable, consistent, and friendly.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Loads funny enough, our side of town has one next to Sainsburys, one in the high street (Worle not big town), and another at the Tesco Express.

The odd thing is the staff at the Tesco one are by far and away the more knowledgeable, consistent, and friendly.

Well, every little helps . . .

post-43585-0-57932500-1407006144_thumb.j