Security Installer Community

Help! How To Disable The Phone Alarm (Fault) On A Menvier Ts690

setting to 199 on this panel disables the line fault so can't be that if that's already been done

IIRC 199 doesn't work on the DC6,

As I did a site where I changed a 9800 to a 690 & they had a line switch which they changed over every morning after opening & then 199 mins later in the day they had aline fault beep ;)

Edited by MrHappy

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Hi guys, Took the lid of myself. Things rather messy inside. Modem panel was loose. Didn't fancy working out which wire was which as, with power off and no battery installed, the external alarm was sounding.

So I decided to call in a pro. Cost £150 (inc new battery and moving some of the sensors). Not cheap but came within 2hrs and I'm happy to have it sorted. Now going to start actually arming the alarm for first time.

Thanks a lot for all your guidence.

Oh, the punchline: the 'internal beep' I was getting was actually from a smoke alarm with a low battery!! Complete co-incidence that started at the same time as alarm problems. No matter, I still need to sort the phone line issue and battery.