Security Installer Community

Outdoor Detector Advice

kinggy

It's all happening in Salford.

Can I kindly request the mod to delete my pic please.

Just a bit of fun but a lesson in www security, luckily the majority of us are trustworthy...

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

that's a nice rockery too,and a petrol lawn mower with roller nice...lol

Just a bit of fun but a lesson in www security, luckily the majority of us are trustworthy...

Enough already ! Be nice!

Done

Thanks, I was suspecting it might have been the bucket, but didn't think it would show all my collections??!!

Thanks, I did say I was a numpty!! 

Kingy going by Norms pic you would need one short post. You could put the beam TXer on the corner of the garage, and the Rx on a post one the leading edge of the drive on the garden side

I am not that keen on having it on post on the outer edge of the drive, prefer it on the garage looking outwards towards the drive, if you know what I mean?

I am not that keen on having it on post on the outer edge of the drive, prefer it on the garage looking outwards towards the drive, if you know what I mean?

Then you will have to put up with Fa's every time next doors cat sits on your roof

Then you will have to put up with Fa's every time next doors cat sits on your roof

Looks like I might have to stick to the GJD or the Takex twin Zone PIR?

Just don't think it look right having a post sticking up a few feet with the unit attached to it, besides the car would break the beam when parked up on the drive anyway.

Another one to look at is Texecom external detectors. 

http://www.texe.com/uk/uploads/PremierExternal_TD_Leaflet_Web.pdf

You could install 2 and use the auxiliary input on one of them to connect them together. This would then give you directional detection. E.g the "master" detector must be activated first followed by the "auxiliary" detector within 1 minute to give a confirmed alarm. There actually pretty good at not detecting small animals on there own.

http://www.benchmarkmagazine.com/intruder_tests_detail.php?testsID=119