Security Installer Community

wards

Lectrician

Premiers. It seems they are either loved or hated. Personally I love them, installed hundreds, very few problems. Yes I've used Galaxy and Menvier and Scantronic.

PS I have to agree the Veritas range may not be the best bit of kit out there.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Premiers. It seems they are either loved or hated. Personally I love them, installed hundreds, very few problems. Yes I've used Galaxy and Menvier and Scantronic.

PS I have to agree the Veritas range may not be the best bit of kit out there.

24249[/snapback]

Used loads of menvier.....wards took a bit of getting used to in a domestic environement.

I think i may go for the premier, but none availabel on ebay :-( I just got the ts790+ and tsnet keypad for about £25 plus postage. Bargain i though - i will try to flog them on ebay again for proffit!!

On a same-ish note, had the veritas R8 installed in my house for ages.....no probs. Funny one though..........fitted one to a house we wired, owner tried to change code from our default of 2512(you figure that logical code), he thought he had changed it, entered 2512 and full to set it.........came home and couldnt un-set it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can set the alarm by just pressing full, even though the remote cover has instruction to enter the number first. (customer thought s it set, the number was changed.)

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Sadly Wards are not a doddle on Menviers and are a pain to setup.

24219[/snapback]

Sorry but I beg to differ...

What do you find so difficult about them?

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

They do get a little bit of getting used too, but as Brian pointed out, they are quite straightforward once you get your head around them. (which takes a while :wacko: )

What about a keyswitch to set/unset the ward or even just shunt the ccts out.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

On the Menvier you can asign detectors to a shunt code

But you can't have final exit or access zones in the shunt

So the keypad has to be outside the area that requires shunting

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Guest IM_Alarms

Easiest way to keep one ward going is to assign the house to a shunt group and use the shunt code to set and unset the house. This will leave the garage set all the time. Then use the full set code to set and unset the garage............ simplicity itself............Doh! :D:D:D

Archived