Security Installer Community

wards

Lectrician

• 2 years later...

Rather than sart a new thread, I tought I'd piggyback onto this one as it's related.

I had a call to program a TS700 so that pressing C would onit the kitchen PIR to allow for cats. Programmed it all up then found everything was omitted except for the kitchen. D'oh! As stated earlier, the part set on these isn't logical but I reprogrammed the panel and found that the hall PIR, directly behind me was acting like a keyswitch zone when it went OC and started setting the sytem. I checked the programming and found this to be ok. Disabling part set stopped this but I had to leave site as I had another call.

I rang Menvier who hadn't heard of this and suggested crashing the panel.

Am I missing something obvious?

As we aren't charging for the visit (it was agreed ti do it FOC during the service) I'd like to get it sorted in as short a time as possible when go back.

Your input, as ever, would be appreciated.

Regards,

TB

Your answers will be on pages 20 and 29 of the TS700 manual.

cheers

PS it can be a headache on them, i recently tried to get one to allow one detector to act as entry on Part set A but it refused. Time for a new panel, as it was a grace and favour (cheapo) for a m8 i use a old TS609 to get over the problem. As stated try a crash 1st only takes a few mins to prog a TS700, if its still not playing time to change. Nice solid panel but when old its tempermental.

Thanks, OH.

Think I've sussed it. I've since found that manual and it has more detail than the workshop manual that I was using at the time. Should be able to sort it easily.

On P29 of the manual it seems a bit contradictory. The note at the bottom says that when part set A is selected, 04, 08, 09 & 10, will be armed. I thought those circuits which are programmed as 'O' are omitted. The manual says they are armed unless they are on another group.

Eh?

Archived