Security Installer Community

Alarm Advice Please

slovenly

Such as?

The latest was just two weeks ago.  I am contracting in an establishment which is monitored by a national (no names). Someone sets the premises alarm thinking nobody is left in the building. Over an hour later the alarm is triggered (confirmed) while staff member is walking back to the reception at 20:00. The ARC phones the building reception - the employee answers the phone and tells the ARC that they are an employee - no ID, no proof, no mechanism of validating.  The ARC accepts this and dispatches a non-police response which turns up at 22:45.

With a response time of almost 3hrs what is the point?

Unfortunately, ot just the T&Cs.

Guilty as Cornish scriptwriter.

Why's that?

The latest was just two weeks ago. I am contracting in an establishment which is monitored by a national (no names). Someone sets the premises alarm thinking nobody is left in the building. Over an hour later the alarm is triggered (confirmed) while staff member is walking back to the reception at 20:00. The ARC phones the building reception - the employee answers the phone and tells the ARC that they are an employee - no ID, no proof, no mechanism of validating. The ARC accepts this and dispatches a non-police response which turns up at 22:45.

With a response time of almost 3hrs what is the point?

And how do you know that the customer hasn't specified that is the procedure? Despite having the rolls Royce alarm dispatch software even the most tin pot alarm handling software I've seen has dispatch instructions and the ability to verify a pin/password. It sounds that as subsequently a dispatch to a keyholder was made that the arc operator didn't indeed clear the alarm as suggested? As for response times to site that isn't an arcs job. The job of an arc is only to notify just as your system does. You saying if your system notifies someone of an alarm and they take 4 days to show up that your platform is ****?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

whatever 'selfmon' is may be able to. but the panel itself wont.

most arcs will give you email but its done by the service not the panel

Agreed James.  The Galaxy panel and modules themselves do not include any SMTP service or way of configuring such, so cannot reach out to any email server on the net.

Why's that?

Have a look.

Companies Act 2006.

Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations

Electronic Commerce Regulations (EC Directive)

and quite possibly

DPA

PCI DSS

Anti Spam Laws

Well, you did ask.

And how do you know that the customer hasn't specified that is the procedure? Despite having the rolls Royce alarm dispatch software even the most tin pot alarm handling software I've seen has dispatch instructions and the ability to verify a pin/password. It sounds that as subsequently a dispatch to a keyholder was made that the arc operator didn't indeed clear the alarm as suggested? As for response times to site that isn't an arcs job. The job of an arc is only to notify just as your system does. You saying if your system notifies someone of an alarm and they take 4 days to show up that your platform is ****?

I'm saying that the complete system is only as good as its weakest link.  Grade 4 ARC signalling combined with a 3hr alarm company keys-held response time isn't worth £40 a month. By self monitoring my own home, I believe that I can do much better than that particular service.

Archived