Security Installer Community

Help Wiring Up New Zones On Accord Alarm Panel

Jim Mac

Hi hope you can be of some assistance, due to new kitchen and flooring installed, needed to reroute alarm cable with new. The set up I have is accord alarm panel and keypads,

Zone 1 is front door contact- final exit

Zone 2 and 3 is pir which I just changed to activ8 pet sensors

Zone 4 is top landing which is already pet sensor.

Year after this was installed I got same engineer to install a door contact and second keypad to the rear patio doors, which has become zone 5 and gives the same entry and exit times as the front door.

And here is where I need advice, I got a conservatory added a few years ago, but it's never been added to system, and when rewiring kitchen, I also installed a new cable hidden behind skirting for conservatory, and have a new door contact and pir for this room, just need to know how I should set this up, as struggling with installation booklet, as zone 6 would be new conservatory pir and zone 7 would be final door contact and final exit thru rear doors.

Hope this makes sense to someone as I can't even ask original installer as they no longer around

Yea I do Matthew, standard 9090#*

Reviewed the programming for group 1 full set and got the following led's lighting up

1 , 3 , 4 , 3 , 1 , day, day, (beep beep)

Group 2 part set

1, 4, 4, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3 ( beep beep)

Group 3 night set

3, 3, 4, day, 1, day, day, day (beep beep)

Hope this makes sense matthew

Just ordered pet tolerant one peter

Your neighbours will be pleased with all those false alarms . . .

Ok, engineer code is a good start. Do you know how to wire the detector into the panel and how to wire the detector? If not we can help if you let us know the model of detector. The system has a global tamper so will need to be wired in series with the other tampers. Do you know how to do that or do you need some help? A picture of the current end station and the current wires might be nice just to check all is well with the current wiring.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

No false alarms yet Matthew, apart from when I shorted out system when changing first pir last night doh, wiring set up for new pir in conservatory would be red +ve, black -ve, blue and yellow to zone 6 on alarm panel and on relay contacts pir end.

Leaves two wires white and green which would connect from zone 7 to door contacts, stupidly only bought 6 core instead of 8 core alarm cable

None of the pir's or door contacts have the tamper wired up as well

No false alarms yet Matthew, apart from when I shorted out system when changing first pir last night doh, wiring set up for new pir in conservatory would be red +ve, black -ve, blue and yellow to zone 6 on alarm panel and on relay contacts pir end.

Leaves two wires white and green which would connect from zone 7 to door contacts, stupidly only bought 6 core instead of 8 core alarm cableNone of the pir's or door contacts have the tamper wired up as well

The pir is a Honeywell activ8 pet sensor

I meant false alarms when you put that pir in the conservatory. In that case with no tampers (very rough to be honest) you just need to wire the power and nc alarm loop. 8 core would have been a plan, yes although you could still wire a tamper loop with 6 core if you wanted or are you not fussed to diss the tamper?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived