Security Installer Community

Hello Everyone, Any Chance Of Some Help?

livespark

On-board 12 zones with the Flex.  If you want to expand the FX20, then add a RIO.  If you want wireless capability, you cannot mix RIO and RF portal on the FX20 - The Flex is buggy as hell around the virtual RIO config when adding wireless.

My advice would have been to get a Dimension 48 over the Flex panels, but since you've bought already it's too late... 

On-board 12 zones with the Flex.  If you want to expand the FX20, then add a RIO.  If you want wireless capability, you cannot mix RIO and RF portal on the FX20 - The Flex is buggy as hell around the virtual RIO config when adding wireless.

My advice would have been to get a Dimension 48 over the Flex panels, but since you've bought already it's too late... 

Nothings to late.  Do you think this is the best way to go? dimension 48 has 16 onboard zones so this would prevent me from having to use a RIO, 12zones + Bell.

is there any chance you could do a list of what i would need / what you would recommend?

baring in mind i currently have 2 AG6 bells and 8x Activ8 PIRs id like to use

any problems with the mk8 key pads?

all info greatly appreciated  :thumbsup:

Looking at your requirements a dimension would be nice but a g2 using bells in scb mode would be equally doable. It has 12 zones on board, and can have a rf portal added on for wireless.

If you have already ordered a flex a bit unfair on the wholesaler to send it back? Any reason for 2 bells? No one takes any notice of one so 2 seems to add complexity for no benefit?

Mk8 keypad is a mk7 pcb in a new housing

Edited by matthew.brough

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Looking at your requirements a dimension would be nice but a g2 using bells in scb mode would be equally doable. It has 12 zones on board, and can have a rf portal added on for wireless.

If you have already ordered a flex a bit unfair on the wholesaler to send it back? Any reason for 2 bells? No one takes any notice of one so 2 seems to add complexity for no benefit?

Mk8 keypad is a mk7 pcb in a new housing

My order hasn't even been processed yet so I wouldn't call it unfair? Iv cancelled the order for now because i want to do this right and id obviously rushed into it believing that the flex20 would take 12 zones + bells, but from what people are saying that isn't the case. when I know all the kit i need I'll place a new order which will no doubt be of a higher value.

As for the 2 bells, my reason for doing this at home is we have a public footpath in a field behind the house and I want the slight deterrent of comfort led's rather than a dummy box at the rear, it also saves me from putting in an internal siren as I'm bound to be woken up but the one outside my window.

thanks for the info on the mk7/8 keypad.

Unless you want to buy extra power supplies then both bells in scb module would be the preferred option but if you want the extra volume and the strobe then a aux 12v PSU would be needed. G2 is actually cheaper than both the flex and gd. With regards to bell tampers you don't need to use a zone. Connect 1 tamper to the bell tamper and I'd use a relay interfaced with the bell tamper input for the second bell therefore either bell that went into tamper would show bell tamper. If you go g2 you will need at least g2-20 to allow for a wireless portal to be added. If you've got some spare cash a gd is the big boy panel but can't think of any advantage you are going to get for the extra £100-£120 that it costs.

If you let me know what you want to do ill happily post links on security warehouses site to what you need

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I suggested the Dimension, as the OP wanted a Flex. I would always choose the Dimension over the Flex. The firmware is hardened.

I'd agree that the G2-20 would do everything, but with the 2.5A PSU, the Dimension will drive the sirens without the hassle of external supplies.

Also for DIY go to Ebay. There are plenty good panels being ripped from defunct businesses or takeovers. The panels are rock solid anyway!

id go for a dimension any day, but personally id use an siemens panel with on board ethernet.

Doesn't that come in at £600+VAT though ?  Must admit, it would have to be pretty impressive for me to spend that on a domestic panel.