Security Installer Community

Infinite Prime Wireless Alarm, Problem After Power Cut!

randomx

Hello

Looking for some help, after a recent power cut (lasted 2 days) my Infinite Wireless alarm is not working properly. The key pad is non responsive even though the display is lit and working, it attempts to arm some times but stops in progress, seems like something in intefeering with it, the speaker crackles and it disarms.

I checked the fuses and the internal batt is charged. Ive had power cuts before and never had this problem.

Normally very reliable system but cant figure this one out, the unit is linked to an odyssey siren.

Any help would be great.

Regards Mike.

Hi Mike welcome

None of us will know that panel very well, you really need the electricians forum rather than us

You could try down powering completely, power up mains first then battery if this works replace the battery

Hello

Looking for some help, after a recent power cut (lasted 2 days) my Infinite Wireless alarm is not working properly. The key pad is non responsive even though the display is lit and working, it attempts to arm some times but stops in progress, seems like something in interfering with it, the speaker crackles and it disarms.

I checked the fuses and the internal batt is charged. I’ve had power cuts before and never had this problem.

Normally very reliable system but cant figure this one out, the unit is linked to an odyssey siren.

Any help would be great.

Regards Mike.

Mike Ive merged your two topics.

It wont make any difference wherever you post your question, everyone can see it where ever you post it

So please dont post the same questions in different areas it makes the forum untidy.

• 1 month later...

i don't know this kit, but if i attended i'd look to see if it just in needs of a simple client reset (see user manual), clear a tamper or the panel battery needs to be replaced.

some kit don't recover to well if a totally flat battery is connected when powered back up, i'd disconnect the mains at the spur or fuse board, disconnect the battery and then restore the mains, reconnect battery, but be careful of getting a shock with the control innards exposed.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Keep it that way. Should have been called sub prime . . .

really that bad?

i assume ok until total power loss, so worth at least trying the above, Concept 6 and other similar cheap sparks special type panels cant recover from cold with a flat battery attached, often you have to pull the battery and cycle the power, give it time to cool the reconnect battery and its fine.

Unlikely panel battery has been changed in a while here, si better to get that sorted before ripping it out surely?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Not the kind of gear I'd have been seen in the same room with personally . . .

Friend of mine has a co that does house alarms and they sold them for a while but changed tact to Risco due to 'issues'

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived