Security Installer Community

Stock Control

timmo66

I am after a piece of software (rather than using a spreadsheet) to track and control stock. Free too preferably. Is there anything out there?

I am not talking scanning barcodes or item numbers or anything, just something I can input equipment and quantity, and then once each piece of equipment reaches a certain quantity level, I would get notifications to order more.

Am I asking too much and possibly being lazy?

I've recently started using-

http://www.nchsoftware.com/inventory/index.html

cost of around £80,

Thanks, I'll take a look.

What are you using for your invoices ? Is there not something within that which could keep a track on things

I don't personally deal with the invoicing, but we use cash and sage if that helps?

Sage instant accounts Plus, That's what we use.   It works fine and is available online if you search for it..

I have an official version, does the same as non official.... Whatever you fancy really

No mate, since the takeover of the company I worked for I have been promoted to Operations Manager, with the intention of being trained to Branch Manager, so its branch stock I am wanting to control.

Sage instant accounts Plus, That's what we use.   It works fine and is available online if you search for it..

I have an official version, does the same as non official.... Whatever you fancy really

Ahh, so we may already have something to use on Sage. Stock control was all over the place with my old company, and must admit I haven't spoke about what other branches do within the company. Quite liked the idea of bringing in my own ideas too rather than just following what they do.

With Sage, you can allocate out any items of stock to a specific job or customer and will give you an audit trail

Total X amount ordered in / Total X Amount gone out and where to

My trail at the minute is generating an order number via a spreadsheet, under that order number would be the customer name, delivery note and invoice number. But this doesn't give me stock numbers unless I make another spreadsheet.

Are you saying sage would do that all for me all under one roof?

Archived