Security Installer Community

Touch Screen System

danlad1980

Because they were the ones who started the shitty wireless kits for a pack of buttons craze.

OK, industry as a whole was a bit far reaching..  The residential side of our industry anyway.

plenty people use wireless granted said co uses it for a specific market as anyone could do nothing to stop anyone hooking up a digi to a 30yr old optima and informing keyholder of an activation in real terms,but what is this industry anyway most are not from it but want it for themselves

plenty people use wireless granted said co uses it for a specific market as anyone could do nothing to stop anyone hooking up a digi to a 30yr old optima and informing keyholder of an activation in real terms,but what is this industry anyway most are not from it but want it for themselves

I'm struggling a bit to decypher the reply - not sure what the point yr trying to make is??

I'm struggling a bit to decypher the reply - not sure what the point yr trying to make is??

the point is people have a pop at the big players in this industry but is it an industry I'm not from it neither are many we joined it from similar industries at least the sparks have a real gripe with people joining theres and are trying to lock it down like say the gas lads did security industry doesn't have that anyone can join it,goes back to the debate should we allow anyone to join and what should the minimum qual be or let it ride as it is and we all moan like fk

and what should the minimum qual be or let it ride as it is and we all moan like fk

Begs the question, just how many in this industry actually have any sort of qualification.

Bare in mind, there's one member on here seems to have a beef about qualifications that don't meet with his personal approval.

Begs the question, just how many in this industry actually have any sort of qualification.

Bare in mind, there's one member on here seems to have a beef about qualifications that don't meet with his personal approval.

it's not a dig at anyone man,the qual thing has been discussed before,what makes an alarm engineer,I've no quals to say iam one

the point is people have a pop at the big players in this industry but is it an industry I'm not from it neither are many we joined it from similar industries at least the sparks have a real gripe with people joining theres and are trying to lock it down like say the gas lads did security industry doesn't have that anyone can join it,goes back to the debate should we allow anyone to join and what should the minimum qual be or let it ride as it is and we all moan like fk

That's not my argument. Although I do agree with it.

I came into this industry from the army so I didn't "slide in" from a linked trade. I learnt from the ground up and I do think we should lock the industry down a lot more to prevent all and sundry "having a go". 

What doesn't help is the proliferation of cheap, easy to install wireless **** which is graded.  This allows the sub-standard and linked trades having a go at bargin basement prices.

If the only viable option were to have a fully cabled system then I suspect the life wouldn't have been sucked out of that end of the market.  Hence, I blame visonic for starting it all off.

That's not my argument. Although I do agree with it.

I came into this industry from the army so I didn't "slide in" from a linked trade. I learnt from the ground up and I do think we should lock the industry down a lot more to prevent all and sundry "having a go". 

What doesn't help is the proliferation of cheap, easy to install wireless **** which is graded.  This allows the sub-standard and linked trades having a go at bargin basement prices.

If the only viable option were to have a fully cabled system then I suspect the life wouldn't have been sucked out of that end of the market.  Hence, I blame visonic for starting it all off.

most manufactures do wireless do you blame them all,I'm a wired fan too

Archived